ABOUT ALBERT USTER IMPORTS
Albert Uster Imports, Inc. (“AUI”) is a privately held gourmet food company headquartered in the Washington, DC area (Gaithersburg, MD) with warehouse locations in Kansas City, Las Vegas, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Gaithersburg. AUI falls under the Vestar Capital Partners portfolio with affiliate organization, Roland Foods, LLC.
Founded in 1968, the company offers over 1,400 products from around the world. We serve leading hotels, restaurants, casinos, cruise lines, airlines, and manufacturers with innovative, high quality products and solutions to their most demanding culinary challenges. We operate a network of distribution centers across the U.S. and serve select international markets as well. AUI has a national direct selling organization of over 60 sales professionals and a staff of culinary experts (chefs and food scientists) adept at custom product solutions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Events and Communications Associate will create, proofread, and post internal and external written communications for anything relating to company events or tradeshows. They will actively interview, research, as well as look for and create content that increases AUI’s marketing value. The Associate will create detailed plans and schedule meetings to ensure all assets of an event are taken care of prior to, during, and post-event. Able to manage multiple events at one time and brainstorm new ideas.
The Associate will support the head of Marketing in the task of promoting the Company, products, services, events, and any other activities. They will cross-collaborate with internal teams such as Innovation, Sales, and Culinary to structure product launch and promotion materials such as photos, videos, brochures, and catalogs.
This position is expected to report to AUI Fine Foods’ Gaithersburg, MD headquarters.As a response to the pandemic, AUI Find Foods’ office employees have transitioned to a hybrid working schedule, requiring employees to report in-person Monday through Wednesday, with the option to telework on Thursday and Friday each week. Due to the collaborative, cross-functional nature of the organization, employees at the Gaithersburg office are required to work in-person for the abovementioned days, outside of any People & Culture-approved disability accommodation request.
- Responsible for managing all events and tradeshows produced by the company
- Creates detailed timelines and plans to ensure events are conducted with the utmost accuracy
- Managing time and budgets for events
- Updates marketing material and purchases that have to do with company events
- Tracking profitability and spend for every event and following up with key team members prior to and post-event
- Supports sales team by creating marketing materials needed to promote products and sales
- Maintain an up-to-date inventory on all tradeshow materials and marketing materials used for events
- Responsible for designing material needed to support AUI events.
- Selects products and creates promotional materials for events
- Assists with logo and label development and creates labels for samples and goody bags for events.
- Tracking ROI post-event
- Be able to represent the company at tradeshows and events, as well as internally in a professional manner
- Notes and relays feedback about products, services, and promotions and keeps management informed
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Event Planning, Events Marketing, digital marketing, Communications or related
- Minimum 1 - 3 years of work experience managing events, or event planning for a marketing team or experience in a similar position
- Must be technology-savvy, especially with respect to communications, emails, and social media.
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to stay within approved budgets and timelines
- Willingness to learn about new products and their applications
- Knowledge of project management software is a plus
- Food industry experience is a plus
- Marketing/sales experience is a plus
- Knowledge of photography and video editing is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent editorial skills
- Organizational and project management skills
- Excellent team player and good at working with a multi-functional team to achieve the best result
- Physical requirements (lifting, etc.): Able to sit or stand for long hours (desk/trade shows), able to lift 20 lbs.
Albert Uster Imports hires exceptional people to perform a wide variety of important functions that contribute to the success of the Company. One of the ways AUI does that is through a competitive compensation package. The base salary for this role will be $50,000 - $65,000.
This role is bonus eligible.
Based on your qualifications, previous experience, and transferrable skills, the Company will determine at its sole discretion, the salary offered.
Founded by immigrants, AUI & Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table! We know the transformative value of food in individual lives and communities. Because of this, we insist on obtaining the highest-quality ingredients and talent!
AUI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. AUI considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. AUI is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.#zr