***Albert Uster Imports Inc. is proud to offer a competitive performance-based bonus structure during employment. The monthly bonuses will be based on the achievement of key performance indicators and the overall performance of the business.
AUI is also excited to offer signing bonuses to eligible new hires. A signing bonus of up to $1,500 is available for new members of the AUI team, subject to eligibility requirements.***
ABOUT ALBERT USTER IMPORTS
Albert Uster Imports, Inc. (“AUI”) is a privately held gourmet food company headquartered in the Washington, DC area (Gaithersburg, MD) with warehouse locations in Kansas City, Las Vegas, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Gaithersburg. AUI falls under the Vestar Capital Partners portfolio with affiliate organization, Roland Foods, LLC.
Founded in 1968, the company offers over 1,400 products from around the world. We serve leading hotels, restaurants, casinos, cruise lines, airlines, and manufacturers with innovative, high-quality products and solutions to their most demanding culinary challenges. We operate a network of distribution centers across the U.S. and serve select international markets as well. AUI has a national direct-selling organization of over 60 sales professionals and a staff of culinary experts (chefs and food scientists) adept at custom product solutions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Primary Job Function: Serve as the Delivery Driver for the Distribution Center, delivering to the company’s customers within the local delivery market.
Secondary Job Function: Receive, store, and inventory product. Maintain all aspects of the Distribution Center as a part of a team led by the Distribution Center Manager (DCM).
Delivery Driver Duties
- Load company provided delivery truck in preparation for the day’s deliveries
- Verify carton counts and quantities of product per the customer order
- Drive/operate the company delivery truck within the local area of the distribution center – following all state and local traffic laws and the regulations
- Unload customer orders (cartons and/or pallets) at the customer’s loading dock
- Interface with the customer’s receiving department, to ensure the customer has received all that has been ordered and secure the appropriate proof of delivery at the time of delivery.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and hygienic work environment in and outside of the delivery vehicle
- Inspect delivery vehicle daily, prior to use, as well as fuel and report service issues as required
- Receive and place all domestic and imported products into inventory within 24 hours of physical receipt. Report all discrepancies to the DCM as appropriate
- Receive and process all customer returns within 48 hours and oversee re-stocking and or disposition
- Ensure all stock is properly stored (by FIFO) and protected. Re-barcode as necessary
- Pick, pack and ship all orders assigned, ensuring proper packing/labeling instructions are followed and appropriate packaging supplies
- Utilization of Warehouse Management Shipping Systems (WMS)
- Ship via FedEx and UPS Manifesting Systems, as well as delivery contractors and common carriers
- Prepare packing supplies each day in preparation for the next day's activities
- Deliver "walk-in" orders to customers
- Maintain a clean, safe, and hygienic environment both within the warehousing area, as well as dock areas and perimeter of the building
- Follow cleaning standards at all times
- Report all facility infrastructure issues to DCM or Assistant in a timely manner
- Assist with customer service requests for products or services (order entry, stock availability, item locations)
- Professional attitude and appearance is mandatory
- Operation of warehouse material handling equipment is a plus (manual and motorized pallet jacks, etc.)
- All other duties may be assigned by the DCM or Assistant
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Driving License required
- 1-2 years of Warehousing/Shipping experience, Inventory Control, Organization Skills, Coordination, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Data Entry Skills (Must not be intimidated by computers), Safe work ethic, Fast Learner.
- Clean driving record required - small delivery truck experience is desired, but not mandatory Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Employment is contingent upon a Favorable Background Investigation. Those who cannot meet this requirement need not apply.
Founded by immigrants, AUI & Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table! We know the transformative value of food in individual lives and communities. Because of this, we insist on obtaining the highest-quality ingredients and talent!
AUI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. AUI considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. AUI is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.