ABOUT ALBERT USTER IMPORTS
Albert Uster Imports, Inc. (“AUI”) is a privately held gourmet food company headquartered in the Washington, DC area (Gaithersburg, MD) with warehouse locations in Kansas City, Las Vegas, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Gaithersburg. AUI falls under the Vestar Capital Partners portfolio with affiliate organization, Roland Foods, LLC.
Founded in 1968, the company offers over 1,400 products from around the world. We serve leading hotels, restaurants, casinos, cruise lines, airlines, and manufacturers with innovative, high-quality products and solutions to their most demanding culinary challenges. We operate a network of distribution centers across the U.S. and serve select international markets as well. AUI has a national direct selling organization of over 60 sales professionals and a staff of culinary experts (chefs and food scientists) adept at custom product solutions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
AUI Fine Foods is seeking a customer-focused, analytical individual to join the Customer Service Team, as a Customer Experience Team Lead. If you are an enthusiastic and intellectually curious individual that seeks and enjoys both customer and operational challenges, we want to talk to you! Strong performers will be provided advancement opportunities to roles in other AUI functions according to interest and ability.
As a response to the pandemic, AUI Fine Foods office employees have transitioned to a hybrid working schedule, requiring employees to report in-person Monday through Wednesday, with the option to telework on Thursday and Friday each week. Due to the collaborative, cross-functional nature of the organization, employees at Headquarters in Gaithersburg, MD are required to work in-person for the abovementioned days, outside of any People & Culture-approved disability accommodation request.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for customers by managing correspondence via phone, email, and chat.
- Responsible for decision-making during assigned shift.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of training plans for new team members.
- Process orders; communicate and follow up on all aspects of order entry including item availability, pricing, shipping timelines, special requirements, labeling, and delivery changes/charges.
- Effectively manage customer fill rate; provide detailed information regarding the availability of items that customers order regularly and offer suitable substitute items as necessary.
- Proactively identify customer issues and communicate to AUI Territory Managers to promptly resolve them.
- Work closely with Sales to ensure maximum support for both sales and account management functions.
- Assist AUI Territory Managers with customer-focused initiatives such as Business Reviews and Lost Placements.
- Interface with other departments such as Supply Chain, Finance, and Marketing to achieve objectives; take on additional cross-functional projects as needed.
- Utilize CRM platform, SharePoint, and other IT tools to ensure customer requirements are accurate and up to date. Additional administrative access is granted in the CRM platform.
- Promptly respond to ad-hoc requests for product information and documentation.
- Address technical questions such as research product ingredients, attributes, and/or formulation to provide and facilitate registrations, sales, or evaluation of products for a given market.
- Create documents or reports when requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 5-10 years of work experience.
- Ability to gain Microsoft Dynamics proficiency rapidly with adequate training.
- A true desire to solve problems, support customers, and support team members.
- Experience with other CRM platforms and SharePoint.
- Excellent relationship-building skills.
- Empowered to make appropriate decisions that support the current business plan.
Albert Uster Imports hires exceptional people to perform a wide variety of important functions that contribute to the success of the Company. One of the ways AUI does that is through a competitive compensation package. The base salary for this role will be $24 an hour.
This role will be bonus eligible.
Based on your qualifications, previous experience, and transferrable skills, the Company will determine at its sole discretion, the salary offered.
Founded by immigrants, AUI & Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table! We know the transformative value of food in individual lives and communities. Because of this, we insist on obtaining the highest-quality ingredients and talent!
AUI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. AUI considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. AUI is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.