Roland Foods, LLC, based in New York City, is an importer and distributor of high-quality specialty food products from more than 60 countries. Founded in Paris in 1934 and established in the U.S. in 1939, the Company provides customers with exceptional specialty foods, primarily offered under the Roland brand. The company has a national presence in the foodservice, retail, and industrial channels as well as international sales in the Caribbean, Central and South America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Roland Foods’ dedication to providing quality and consistency has made it a leader among food importers and suppliers. The Roland brand is synonymous with quality and authenticity for the consumer and chef alike.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Accounts Receivable (Deductions) Analyst you will serve as a vital part of the organization when it comes to solving problems, both technical and operational, working directly with customers, the sales team, and internal users.
As a response to the pandemic, Roland Foods office employees have transitioned to a hybrid working schedule, requiring employees to report in-person Tuesday through Thursday, with the option to telework on Monday and Friday each week. Due to the collaborative, cross-functional nature of the organization, employees at the NY and NJ offices are required to work in-person for the abovementioned days, outside of any People & Culture-approved disability accommodation request.
- Responsible for timely and accurate reconciliation and analysis of customer deductions
- Interact with customers to recover backups, clarify, and resolve discrepancies
- Initiate disputes for invalid deductions
- Actively engage Sales and Warehouse personnel to research deductions and prevent issues
- Identify, report, and present trends in a customer’s deductions
- Take ownership of Contra Sales to assigned Customer Accounts
- Issue credit memos for authorized and valid deductions
- Process check requests and adjustments
- Respond to customer inquires
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Office Suite (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Ability to organize and deliver meaningful insight from large amounts of data
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Capable of self-prioritizing workload
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamic AX or similar ERP
Roland Foods hires exceptional people to perform a wide variety of important functions that contribute to the success of the Company. One of the ways Roland Foods does that is through a competitive compensation package. The base salary for this role will be $50,000 - $65,000.
Based on your qualifications, previous experience, and transferrable skills, the Company will determine at its sole discretion, the salary offered.
Founded by immigrants, Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table! We know the transformative value of food in individual lives and communities. Because of this, we insist on obtaining the highest-quality ingredients and talent!
Roland Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Roland Foods considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Roland Foods is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.