ABOUT ROLAND FOODS
Roland Foods, LLC, based in New York City, is an importer and distributor of high-quality specialty food products from more than 60 countries. Founded in Paris in 1934 and established in the U.S. in 1939, the Company provides customers with exceptional specialty foods, primarily offered under the Roland brand. The company has a national presence in the foodservice, retail, and industrial channels as well as international sales in the Caribbean, Central and South America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Roland Foods’ dedication to providing quality and consistency has made it a leader among food importers and suppliers. The Roland brand is synonymous with quality and authenticity for the consumer and chef alike.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Roland is currently seeking an Accounts Payable Associate who can assist with entering invoices, processing payments, maintaining vendor accounts, and managing the AP process, while identifying best practices and maintaining a strong internal control environment. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work independently and productively in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail.
As a response to the pandemic, Roland Foods office employees have transitioned to a hybrid working schedule, requiring employees to report in-person Tuesday through Thursday, with the option to telework on Monday and Friday each week. Due to the collaborative, cross-functional nature of the organization, employees at the NY and NJ offices are required to work in-person for the abovementioned days, outside of any People & Culture-approved disability accommodation request.
- Manage the full accounts payable cycle from receipt of invoices to payment; including invoice coding, matching to purchase orders if required, obtaining approval, and entering the invoices
- Process employee expenses reports, including verification of receipts and coding
- Prepare daily batch checks run, wire transfers, and ACH transactions by running aging reports and pulling invoices for management approval and release
- Manage vendor relations: Receive, research, and resolve both internal and external inquiries regarding account status
- Responsible for monthly accounts payable journal entries and reconciliations
- Responsible for IRS 1099 compliance and reporting
- Assist team with gathering support for all audits, including pulling documentation
- Other duties assigned by manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in Office Suite (PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Strong attention to details and problem-solving skills
- Capable of self-prioritizing workload and ability to handle high volume of tasks
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skill preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamic AX or similar ERP preferred
- Ability to work independently and contribute to broader team objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Roland Foods hires exceptional people to perform a wide variety of important functions that contribute to the success of the Company. One of the ways Roland Foods does that is through a competitive compensation package. The base salary for this role will be $50,000 - $70,000.
Based on your qualifications, previous experience, and transferrable skills, the Company will determine at its sole discretion, the salary offered.
Founded by immigrants, Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table! We know the transformative value of food in individual lives and communities. Because of this, we insist on obtaining the highest-quality ingredients and talent!
Roland Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Roland Foods considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Roland Foods is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.