ABOUT ALBERT USTER IMPORTS
Albert Uster Imports, Inc. (“AUI”) is a privately held gourmet food company headquartered in the Washington, DC area (Gaithersburg, MD) with warehouse locations in Kansas City, Las Vegas, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Gaithersburg. AUI falls under the Vestar Capital Partners portfolio with affiliate organization, Roland Foods, LLC.
Founded in 1968, the company offers over 1,400 products from around the world. We serve leading hotels, restaurants, casinos, cruise lines, airlines, and manufacturers with innovative, high quality products and solutions to their most demanding culinary challenges. We operate a network of distribution centers across the U.S. and serve select international markets as well. AUI has a national direct selling organization of over 60 sales professionals and a staff of culinary experts (chefs and food scientists) adept at custom product solutions.
The Customer Service Representative will represent AUI Fine Foods internally and externally in all interactions with customers, vendors, and sales reps. The CRS will act as a first point of contact for incoming telephone calls and email correspondence from internal and external customers. The CSR may be asked to cover duties within the customer service scope including Front Desk Reception.
- Represents the company in all customer interactions with a positive, competent, and friendly demeanor.
- Processes orders received through inbound phones calls and email correspondence with efficiency and accuracy.
- Provides follow up support for orders processed, advises customers both internal and external of any changes, splits, updates and out of stock situations.
- Provides follow up support to Accounting by researching orders and payment issues that may arise from orders processed in Customer Service.
- Keeps accurate and up to date account information in CRM and any other internal platforms related to customer accounts.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of AUI products and services.
- Troubleshoots customer service issues related to shipping, failed deliveries, and product damage.
- Maintains communication with warehouse staff regarding shipping requirements or other special instructions related to order processing.
- Carries out any additional duties that may be assigned or requested.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 1 to 3 years inbound call taking experience, or general customer service experience preferred.
- Friendly, positive demeanor with ability to handle fast paced and time sensitive tasks.
- Basic computer skills related to data entry, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word. Previous experience with CRM platforms a plus.
- HIGH level of attention to detail and accuracy is required.
- Knowledge of food service or related fields a plus.
- Employment is contingent upon a favorable background investigation
- This position is for a 10:30am to 7pm shift, Mon – Fri, no weekends
Founded by immigrants, AUI & Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table! We know the transformative value of food in individual lives and communities. Because of this, we insist on obtaining the highest-quality ingredients and talent!
AUI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. AUI considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. AUI is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.