ABOUT ROLAND FOODS
Roland Foods, LLC, based in New York City, is an importer and distributor of high-quality specialty food products from more than 60 countries. Founded in Paris in 1934 and established in the U.S. in 1939, the Company provides customers with exceptional specialty foods, primarily offered under the Roland brand. The company has a national presence in the foodservice, retail, and industrial channels as well as international sales in the Caribbean, Central and South America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Roland Foods’ dedication to providing quality and consistency has made it a leader among food importers and suppliers. The Roland brand is synonymous with quality and authenticity for the consumer and chef alike.
Roland Foods, LLC (“Roland Foods”) is a leading importer and distributor of shelf-stable specialty food products, and it is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Analyst to manage projects that result in the commercialization of new products into the marketplace. In this role, you will be involved in developing new and existing suppliers, negotiation of purchasing terms, data analysis and working cross-functionally with Food Safety and Quality Assurance (FSQA), Sales, Strategy, Inventory Replenishment, International Logistics and Finance teams to identify, qualify and onboard new products. You will manage the product development and commercialization of new items to meet goals of increased sales, security of supply, optimized cost and innovation. You will work with a global supply base.
The ideal candidate will have Product Development, Product Commercialization, Sourcing or Project Management experience. Experience in food and / or agricultural products is a plus. This is a great opportunity for a driven and detail-oriented team player to join a dynamic and collaborative company.
JOB SUMMARY AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research to identify the best products and suppliers to meet the projects’ requirements
- Manage or co-lead projects to develop new items and qualify new suppliers that meet the needed product specifications and commercial terms
- Establish new vendor relationships and develop strategic partnerships
- Support the Commercial Terms negotiation process
- Evaluate new items by conducting product sample cuttings
- Data analysis (e.g., Sales and Purchasing reports)
- Maintain database of supplier information, quotations, onboarding documents, samples, etc.
- New item creation
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of experience in a Purchasing, Product Development and /or Project management role
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain or related field
- Knowledgeable in Product Development / Product Commercialization
- Project Management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to partner with suppliers and cross-functional colleagues to resolve project issues
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and cross-functional environment
- Proficient communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PPT
- The ideal candidate will have Product Development, Product Commercialization, Sourcing or Project Management experience. Experience in food and / or agricultural products is a plus.
Founded by immigrants, Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table! We know the transformative value of food in individual lives and communities. Because of this, we insist on obtaining the highest-quality ingredients and talent!
Roland Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Roland Foods considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Roland Foods is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.