Position Title: Director, Revenue Management
Reports To: VP, Strategy and Commercial Operations
About Roland Foods:
Roland Foods, LLC, based in New York City, is an importer and distributor of high-quality specialty food products from more than 60 countries. Founded in Paris in 1934 and established in the U.S. in 1939, the Company provides customers with exceptional specialty foods, primarily offered under the Roland brand. The company has a national presence in the foodservice, retail, and industrial channels as well as international sales in the Caribbean, Central and South America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Roland Foods’ dedication to providing quality and consistency has made it a leader among food importers and suppliers. The Roland brand is synonymous with quality and authenticity for the consumer and chef alike.
The Director of Revenue Management will lead one Roland Foods’ most critical functions, the Revenue Management team. The Director, along with a team of analysts, is charged with driving the gross profit of the company by managing pricing, bids, programs and promotional spend across all of Roland Foods sales channels. He/she/they will manage existing customer pricing, optimizing for market competitiveness and gross margin maximization. The Director will quarterback new business opportunities and bids, coordinating between Sales and Supply Chain to develop a customer solution at favorable economics to the company. The Director will also manage trade program spend, leading the analysis behind customer rebate program negotiations. He/she/they will define and execute the company’s promotional strategy, setting promotional plans, analyzing impacts of promotional spend and refining the plans accordingly. Lastly, the Director will continuously improve the Revenue Management function by driving team performance and streamlining/automating processes. A high stakes role, the Director will work frequently with Roland Foods leadership team, presenting analysis and pricing proposals for material business opportunities. Through heavy cross-functional interaction, he/she/they will learn the end-to-end mechanics of the business, making it the perfect role for someone looking to broaden their business acumen and elevate their career.
This position is based in Roland Foods’ New York City headquarters, which is operating on a hybrid work from home schedule.
Team Leadership: manage day-to-day operations of 3-person team of Revenue Management analysts/senior analysts, coordinating workflow and managing team performance to defined expectations and KPIs
Existing Customer Pricing: own and administer pricing for all Roland Foods’ sales channels (Foodservice, Retail, Industrial, International):
- Ensure outstanding execution of customer price list updates
- Coordinate closely with Supply Chain on cost changes and determine if/how to reflect in pricing
- Consistently analyze customers/products price positioning for opportunities to better optimize price/volume
- Manage Foodservice national account pricing (deviations)
New Business Opportunities and Bids: coordinate response to new business opportunities, both formal bids and one-off customer opportunities
- Lead the weekly opportunity pipeline meeting, a cross-functional alignment meeting to finalize pricing for new business opportunities
- Facilitate coordination between Sales and Supply Chain to ensure customer volume and timing requirements can be met on the supply side
- With cost inputs from Supply Chain and any available pricing intelligence, decide on pricing that balances win probability and gross margin maximization
Trade Spend Management: own and administer trade spend across all Roland Foods’ sales channels
- Partner with Sales on customer trade program management, leading the economic analysis behind customer trade program negotiations and making recommendations to optimize outcomes
- Manage promotional spend for both Foodservice and Retail channels, ensuring spend maximizes sales lift while meeting budgeted gross margin targets
- Determine participation and sped levels in Foodservice customer promotions
- Own and administer retail trade spend, including distributor and retailer promotional calendars, everyday low price (EDLP) discounts, ad features and coupons
- Conduct analysis on promotional lift from various activities to continually improve allocation of spend
Continuous Process Improvement: continually determine process improvement and automation opportunities to streamline team workload, partner with Business Process & Technology teams to implement
Gross Margin Analytics and Forecasting: build gross margin analytical tools to enable smarter pricing decisions and better visibility into customer and product profitability; assist in developing gross margin forecasts for financial statements
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 6-8+ years of experience in pricing, promotion, sales analytics, finance and/or category management
- Prior experience leading the advancement of company pricing performance and capabilities, and operating in a Gross to Net pricing structure
- Strategic thinker: creative problem solver with proven ability to turn strategy into action
- Strong project management skills, self-motivated with a strong work ethic and exceptional drive for results and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and lead cross-functional teams
- High impact communicator with proven ability to influence decision makers across an organization
- Demonstrated ability to build organizational capabilities; ability to inspire, motivate and hold a team accountable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be able to present data in an organized manner with advanced skills using Microsoft Excel, and Power Point
- Strong interpersonal skills (e.g., tact/diplomacy, listening, negotiation, etc.)
- Positive “can-do” attitude; collaborative, team-oriented approach
- Bachelor’s degree is required, MBA is preferred
Founded by immigrants, Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table!
Roland Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Roland Foods considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Roland Foods is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.