ABOUT ROLAND FOODS
Roland Foods, LLC, based in New York City, is an importer and distributor of high-quality specialty food products from more than 60 countries. Founded in Paris in 1934 and established in the U.S. in 1939, the Company provides customers with exceptional specialty foods, primarily offered under the Roland brand. The company has a national presence in the foodservice, retail, and industrial channels as well as international sales in the Caribbean, Central and South America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Roland Foods’ dedication to providing quality and consistency has made it a leader among food importers and suppliers. The Roland brand is synonymous with quality and authenticity for the consumer and chef alike.
JOB SUMMARY AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a Procurement Analyst, you will serve as a vital part of the organization when it comes to solving problems, both technical and operational, with solid business acumen and communication skills to be able to work directly with business leaders and end users.
Maintain continuity of supply by replenishing and conducting procurement activities for a global portfolio of consumer goods items
- Track and resolve issues on scheduled shipments (ship date) and delivery dates to ensure timely receipt of inventory
- Understand variances in historical usage and incorporate confirmed future requirements to determine replenishment and purchasing requirements
- Work with a global supply base and internal stakeholders to address and resolve supply related issues to meet On-Time / In-Full metrics and PO compliance (required dates, batch/lot numbers, etc.)
- Analyze inventory requirements and maintain inventory levels in accordance with management guidelines
- Lead and maintain a strong impact on reducing COGS by exhibiting strong negotiation skills accompanied by supplier and category optimization
- Responsible for continuous improvement of On-Time / In-Full metric as well as other replenishment, supplier performance and cost savings metrics
- Identify replenishment and procurement improvement opportunities and work with suppliers and/or internal stakeholders to implement solutions
- Determine purchasing needs, create, manage and track Purchase Orders and inventory levels
- Align with management on Purchasing requirements for commodities: volume, purchasing cost, validity period of volume and cost, awarded volume allocation by supplier
- Manage, track, resolve, escalate any issues or opportunities for all stages of a Purchase Order: scheduled, confirmed, unconfirmed/unscheduled, past due, post-delivery
- Manage and/or support ad hoc projects (e.g. customer bids, international customer orders, new item launch, etc.)
- 2 to 4 years of Replenishment and Procurement experience for multiple distribution locations
- Experience in AX, Oracle, SAP or similar ERP software preferred
- Proactive and entrepreneurial thinker with a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize
- Works well independently and cross-functionally
- Able to address and creatively solve problems in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ideal candidate is a self-motivated, results oriented replenishment analyst who can interface with cross-functional team to prevent and/or resolve problems
- Work with Suppliers, Sales, Product Development, Quality, Import, Logistics teams on issue prevention or mitigation to ensure customer satisfaction
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATION & SKILLS:
- Intermediate/advanced Microsoft Excel skills preferred; Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Experience in CPG or Food & Beverage is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or other related field required
Founded by immigrants, Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table! We know the transformative value of food in individual lives and communities. Because of this, we insist on obtaining the highest-quality ingredients and talent!
Roland Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Roland Foods considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Roland Foods is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.