ABOUT ALBERT USTER IMPORTS
Albert Uster Imports, Inc. (“AUI”) is a privately held gourmet food company headquartered in the Washington, DC area (Gaithersburg, MD) with warehouse locations in Kansas City, Las Vegas, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Gaithersburg. AUI falls under the Vestar Capital Partners portfolio with affiliate organization, Roland Foods, LLC.
Founded in 1968, the company offers over 1,400 products from around the world. We serve leading hotels, restaurants, casinos, cruise lines, airlines, and manufacturers with innovative, high quality products and solutions to their most demanding culinary challenges. We operate a network of distribution centers across the U.S. and serve select International markets as well. AUI has a national direct selling organization of over 60 sales professionals and a staff of culinary experts (chefs and food scientists) adept at custom product solutions.
ROLE DESCRIPTION AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive. Store, and Inventory Product. Maintains all aspects of the Distribution Center as a part of a team led by the Distribution Center Manager (DCM).
- Receive and place all domestic and imported products into inventory within 24 hours of physical receipt. Report all discrepancies to the DCM as appropriate.
- Receive and Process all Customer Returns within 48 hours and oversee re-stocking and or disposition.
- Ensure all stock is properly stored (by FIFO) and protected. Re-barcode as necessary
- Pick, Pack and Ship all orders assigned, ensuring proper packing/labeling instructions are followed and appropriate packaging supplies.
- Utilization of Warehouse Management (WMS) and Shipping Systems.
- Ship via FEDEX and UPS Manifesting Systems, as well as Delivery Contractors and Common Carriers.
- Prepare Packing Supplies each day in preparation for the next day's activities.
- Deliver "walk-in" orders to customers.
- Maintain clean, safe and hygienic environment both within the warehousing area, as well as dock areas and perimeter of building.
- Follow cleaning standards at all times.
- Report all facility infrastructure issues to DCM or Assistant in a timely manner.
- Assist with Customer Service requests for product or services (order entry, stock availability, item locations).
- Professional attitude and appearance is mandatory.
- Operation of warehouse Material Handling equipment a plus (manual and motorized pallet jacks, etc.)
- All other duties as may be assigned by the DCM or Assistant.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- 1-2 years of Warehousing/Shipping experience, Inventory Control, Organization Skills, Coordination, Decision Making, Problem Solving, Data Entry Skills (Must not be intimidated by computers), Safe work ethic, Fast Learner.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Employment is contingent upon a Favorable Background Investigation. Those who cannot meet this requirement need not apply.
Albert Uster Imports Inc. is proud to offer a competitive performance-based bonus structure during employment. The monthly bonuses will be based on achievement of key performance indicators and the overall performance of the business.
AUI is also excited to offer signing bonuses to eligible new hires. A signing bonus of up to $1,500 is available for new members of the AUI team, subject to eligibility requirements.
Founded by immigrants, AUI & Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table! We know the transformative value of food in individual lives and communities. Because of this, we insist on obtaining the highest-quality ingredients and talent!
AUI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. AUI considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. AUI is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.