ABOUT ROLAND FOODS
Roland Foods, LLC, based in New York City, is an importer and distributor of high-quality specialty food products from more than 60 countries. Founded in Paris in 1934 and established in the U.S. in 1939, the Company provides customers with exceptional specialty foods, primarily offered under the Roland brand. The company has a national presence in the foodservice, retail, and industrial channels as well as international sales in the Caribbean, Central and South America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Roland Foods’ dedication to providing quality and consistency has made it a leader among food importers and suppliers. The Roland brand is synonymous with quality and authenticity for the consumer and chef alike.
Roland Foods is excited and committed to growing our Foodservice sales team, and we are seeking an experienced and motived sales professional to lead our Southeast region. The Regional Sales Director (RSD) is a quota carrying sales and leadership position. This is an individual quota-carrying revenue accountability role with mentorship responsibilities for the Southeast team. The ideal candidate demonstrates significant foodservice sales experience, a results-driven mindset, and a desire to win. Expectations include leveraging the right talent, driving accountability, and maximizing regional growth while executing corporate sales strategies and initiatives.
The Roland Foods sales team is dedicated to working across multiple business segments; distributors, local, regional and nationally positioned end users, and industrial customers to maintain current business while driving growth through collaboration focused on solutions, ideas and products. You will work with a dynamic team dedicated to providing the highest quality of products while developing meaningful and strategic partnerships with our valued customers.
Lead the Roland Foods Southeast Region (sales team/customers/revenue) by overseeing the creation and execution of customer plans with high integrity
- Oversee the selling process and sales team to deliver net sales expectations
- Focus on Tier 1 customer accounts through interactions with customer leadership teams, buyers, category managers, and other decision makers to drive growth
- Assist the regional team in developing individual sales plans to achieve overall regional growth targets
- Coordinate with local and regional distributors to effectively service operators while maintaining exceptional service levels
- Management of existing and new programs for customers (e.g. pricing, rebates, and sampling)
- Collaborate and partner with internal teams to help develop sales strategies and solutions (e.g. Strategy, Revenue Management, Strategic Sourcing, and Supply Chain)
- Participate in demand planning to monitor forecast versus plans
- Identify when plan adjustments are needed based on monthly and quarterly sales volumes
- Provide ad-hoc reports and presentations for sales leadership
- Review monthly and quarterly sales volumes versus plan for each market
Build deep and strategic relationships with customers
- Cultivate and manage profitable relationships with customers
- Engage sales leadership as necessary (i.e., bring in VP Sales, VP Strategy, CEO, Marketing, Culinary Teams, etc)
- Develop a clear understanding of the customer’s organizational/ decision-making structure to maneuver effectively within organization
- Deliver customer business reviews and category performance presentations
- Participate in long-term planning and execution with customer leadership
Build cross functional support by collaborating with front-line and senior levels in the organization
- Communicate with Executive Leadership, Strategy, Revenue Management, Strategic Sourcing, Supply Chain, and People and Culture to lead aligned execution of how Roland Foods goes to market
- Represent the Southeast regional sales team by truly understanding the day-to-day details and customer interactions to help develop and influence strategic decisions that affect the company
Strategically manage the sales team to maximize results
- Leverage team resources/talent to maximize effective business plan delivery across National Accounts, National/Regional distributors, and street business customers
- Actively look for business development opportunities and coordinate approach accordingly (e.g., private label, cross-business/channel) – should have a hunting mindset
- Provide insights from the sales field back to the Strategy and Supply Chain teams
- Build and maintain strong culture within the team to boost morale across the organization
- Set and communicate clear objectives for the team and individual team members
- Manage team budgets for salaries, travel, and entertainment
Team development and leadership
- Identify, recruit, and retain a balanced and diverse team based on member/candidate strengths and role fit supported by relevant knowledge, skills, and experience
- Provide the foundation for team effectiveness by creating and maintaining team processes
- Apply training and coaching effectively for individual and team development
- Complete performance evaluations for direct reports
Key performance metrics
- Delivery of the business plans across customers to meet or exceed regional net sales targets
- Individual quota attainment for new opportunity wins
- Management capability (organizational health, attrition %) – people development
- Quantifiable achievement of personal and team goals
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Culinary Arts Degree required.
- Proven leadership capabilities required.
- 10+ years of sales experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in the food industry; particularly selling into foodservice
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with experience using a CRM program preferably Salesforce required.
- General understanding of a P&L and forecasting abilities required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in front of groups of all sizes required.
- Organized, detail-oriented with strong technical writing skills required.
- Ability to create executive level presentations required.
- Ability to travel up to 60% required.
- Previous exposure/integration in the Industrial/Manufacturing segment a bonus.
Founded by immigrants, Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table! We know the transformative value of food in individual lives and communities. Because of this, we insist on obtaining the highest-quality ingredients and talent!
Roland Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Roland Foods considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Roland Foods is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.