ABOUT ROLAND FOODS:
Roland Foods, based in New York City, specializes in importing high-quality specialty food products from more than 60 countries. Founded in Paris in 1934 and established in the U.S. in 1939, the Company provides customers with exceptional specialty foods, primarily offered under the Roland brand. The company has a national presence in the foodservice, retail, and industrial channels as well as international sales in the Caribbean, Central and South America, and Asia. Roland Foods’ dedication to providing quality and consistency has made it a leader among food importers and suppliers. The Roland brand is synonymous with quality for the consumer and chef alike.
Roland Foods is majority-owned by Vestar Capital Partners, a leading U.S. middle-market private equity firm that focuses on Consumer, Healthcare, and Business Services and Industrial Products.
The Retail Pricing Analyst will be a key member of Roland Foods’ Revenue Management team, who is responsible for optimizing the company’s overall gross profit through pricing and managing trade spend/rebates. The Retail Revenue Management Senior Analyst will be solely focused on Roland Foods’ Retail channel, and have decision-making authority on pricing new and existing business and managing all trade spend for the channel. As such, the role requires a strong analytical skillset, a comfort with unit economics and thorough attention to detail. In addition, since many of the inputs to pricing decisions come from other departments, the role requires the ability to partner and collaborate cross-functionally. The role will get unique visibility into these other departments, providing an opportunity to learn the end-to-end mechanics of the business. Given Roland Foods’ strategic focus on growing its Retail channel and this role’s criticality to achieving that, there will be ample opportunities to present analysis and pricing proposals to senior leadership of the organization. The Revenue Management team sits within the Strategy & Commercial Operations team at Roland Foods, which also includes the company’s marketing, creative, and business technology and analytics functions.
- Reestablish, maintain, and administer customer pricing for Roland Foods’ Retail channel
- Create and maintain a comprehensive Retail gross margin model to scenario-test pricing and trade spend decisions, and maintain a forecast of trade rate and gross margins
- Partner with sales on new business opportunities, determining offers on slotting fees, discounts and promotions; analyze trends, competitive information, sales and price history to support decision making
- Manage and administer customer-level promotional calendars and EDLP discounts; maintain record-keeping of all promotions to incorporate in gross margin forecasts and equip Finance with details to administer promotions
- Measure impact of trade spend decisions to continuously optimize investment and maximize gross profit dollars
- Own pricing administration for Retail customers in Roland Foods’ ERP system
- Partner with pricing stakeholders and collaborators including Sales, Finance, Supply Chain, and Strategic Sourcing
- Develop/optimize methodologies and repeatable processes to streamline work
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible, team environment
- Self-starter attitude
- Proficiency with juggling multiple priorities
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Organized and analytical mindset
- Cross-functional relationship building
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 2 to 3 years of relevant experience; experience in retail trade spend management within grocery or CPG required
- Strong financial acumen and comfort with scenario modeling
- Strong analytical skills – ability to distill, identify takeaways, and summarize data
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with ability to lead and influence internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Proficiency in SQL and Tableau a plus
Founded by immigrants, Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table! We know the transformative value of food in individual lives and communities. Because of this, we insist on obtaining the highest-quality ingredients and talent!
Roland Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Roland Foods considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Roland Foods is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.