ABOUT ROLAND FOODS
Roland Foods, LLC, based in New York City, is an importer and distributor of high-quality specialty food products from more than 60 countries. Founded in Paris in 1934 and established in the U.S. in 1939, the Company provides customers with exceptional specialty foods, primarily offered under the Roland brand. The company has a national presence in the foodservice, retail, and industrial channels as well as international sales in the Caribbean, Central and South America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Roland Foods’ dedication to providing quality and consistency has made it a leader among food importers and suppliers. The Roland brand is synonymous with quality and authenticity for the consumer and chef alike.
Roland Foods is excited and committed to growing our Foodservice sales team, and we are seeking an experienced and motived sales professional to contribute to the overall growth of a defined regional portfolio with a focus on existing Foodservice Distributor, Chain and National Account customers.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is a quota carrying sales position reporting to the Regional Sales Director.
- Primary responsibility: Contribute to the overall growth of a defined regional portfolio by growing existing Foodservice Distributor and National Account customers.
- Secondary responsibility: Support ongoing culinary innovations and development for both Roland Foods and its customers.
The Regional Sales Manager will interact with customer leadership teams, buyers, category managers, and other decision makers to drive regional growth with a majority focus on National and Regional foodservice distributors. To achieve success, the Regional Sales Specialist will need to collaborate with the broader regional sales team to include Customer Experience Specialist and Sales Support.
You must have strong fundamental sales skills and the ability to understand and effectively work with multiple business departments to include Supply chain, Revenue management, strategic sourcing, and marketing. You should possess critical thinking skills to meet sales goals and support developing meaningful solutions based on the customer’s needs and vision.
The Roland Foods’ Sales Team is dedicated to working across multiple business segments; distributors, independent, regional, and nationally positioned end-users, and industrial customers to maintain current business while driving growth through collaboration focused on solutions, ideas and products.
You will work with a dynamic team dedicated to providing the highest quality of products while developing meaningful and strategic partnerships with our valued customers.
Location: Remote position based in the Baltimore-Washington Metro Area.
- Direct account management of existing customers with a focus on foodservice distributors and end-users.
- Coordination with local and regional distribution to effectively service operators, maintaining high service levels.
- Facilitate quarterly / mid-year / annual business review processes with current customers ensuring consistent contact, follow-up on new business opportunities.
- Maintain pricing agreement and renewals with national account customers
- Drive business development activities of products with end-users through educations, building relationships and traditional selling efforts.
- Support existing business and pursue new placement opportunities with the goal of creating incremental growth through direct and indirect selling activities.
- Support and promote the Roland Foods’ brand through product demonstrations, trainings, targeted sampling, and end-user engagement.
- Document any and all activity around the customer for ongoing reference, performance management and future internal growth.
- Run and facilitate activities in assigned region to promote the Roland Foods’ brand to include targeted promotional campaigns and distributor sales meetings and trainings.
- Participate in various national & regional trade shows where appropriate.
- Execute recipe development and menu ideation.
- Introduce new products, enter sample requests, and follow up.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Culinary Arts Degree required.
- 5+ years of prior account / sales management experience required.
- 5+ years of experience in the food industry; in particular, hospitality / food service / retail preferred.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with experience using a CRM program preferably Salesforce required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills in front of groups of all sizes required.
- Organized, detail-oriented with strong technical writing skills required.
- Ability to travel up to 50% required.
- Previous exposure/integration in the Industrial/Manufacturing or Retail segments a bonus.
Founded by immigrants, Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table! We know the transformative value of food in individual lives and communities. Because of this, we insist on obtaining the highest-quality ingredients and talent!
Roland Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Roland Foods considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Roland Foods is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.