ABOUT ALBERT USTER IMPORTS
Albert Uster Imports, Inc. (“AUI”) is a privately held gourmet food company headquartered in the Washington, DC area (Gaithersburg, MD) with warehouse locations in Kansas City, Las Vegas, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Gaithersburg. AUI falls under the Vestar Capital Partners portfolio with affiliate organization, Roland Foods, LLC.
Founded in 1968, the company offers over 1,400 products from around the world. We serve leading hotels, restaurants, casinos, cruise lines, airlines, and manufacturers with innovative, high quality products and solutions to their most demanding culinary challenges. We operate a network of distribution centers across the U.S. and serve select International markets as well. AUI has a national direct selling organization of over 60 sales professionals and a staff of culinary experts (chefs and food scientists) adept at custom product solutions.
As an Inside Sales Representative for AUI the ideal candidate will be assigned to specific territories and will work with our Territory Managers to develop and grow a strong and loyal customer base. By building a passionate knowledge of the AUI product assortment, brands and services, the Inside Sales Representative will work with our clients and potential new customers to help find the best items that work with their needs. In this fast-paced environment, the ideal candidate will be able to multitask on several different accounts and projects at the same time while focusing on providing quality customer service and a great experience for all of our customers. The position is a great opportunity to learn the industry, with strong potential for future growth within the company.
The Inside Sales Representatives at AUI must work well in a team environment while being able to self-manage and motivate when needed. As an Inside Sales Representative part of the responsibilities include:
- Develop efficient call schedules to cover the account base. Build name recognition for Company and self.
- Reach or exceed all sales goals as directed by Sales Management.
- Generate new business through inactive customer base, leads and referrals provided by AUI in multiple sales regions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing customers.
- Work with customers to identify their needs, introduce new products, create solutions and ensure a smooth sales process.
- Support territory managers to facilitate interactions within assigned account base.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- General computer skills (Excel, Word).
- Culinary/food service ideal but not required.
- Sales experience ideal but not required.
- Driven, educated and self-motivated.
- Organizational and people skills.
- Self-starters with strong desire to learn.
- Comfortability engaging others over the phone and can communicate in a fast-paced environment.
Founded by immigrants, AUI & Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table! We know the transformative value of food in individual lives and communities. Because of this, we insist on obtaining the highest-quality ingredients and talent!
AUI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. AUI considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. AUI is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.