ABOUT ROLAND FOODS
Roland Foods, LLC, based in New York City, is an importer and distributor of high-quality specialty food products from more than 60 countries. Founded in Paris in 1934 and established in the U.S. in 1939, the Company provides customers with exceptional specialty foods, primarily offered under the Roland brand. The company has a national presence in the foodservice, retail, and industrial channels as well as international sales in the Caribbean, Central and South America, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. Roland Foods’ dedication to providing quality and consistency has made it a leader among food importers and suppliers. The Roland brand is synonymous with quality and authenticity for the consumer and chef alike.
Roland Foods is currently seeking a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant assists the Accounting Senior Manager with the effective operation of Corporate Accounting, including month-end close, monthly reporting requirements, external audits, collaboration with accounts payable, continuous process improvements, and ensuring that financial statements are prepared in compliance with policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
This role will report directly to the Accounting Senior Manager of Roland Foods.
- Support all aspects of the month-end close process, including preparing workpapers and journal entries for review, and ensuring the general ledger is complete, materially accurate, and closed timely and in accordance with internal and external reporting requirements.
- Prepare and review monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, ensuring accounts are reconciled timely and reconciling items are addressed appropriately.
- Work alongside Accounts Payable staff on a variety of areas (i.e. invoice approvals, GL coding and other miscellaneous items).
- Assists with external audits (financial and sales/use tax), including preparation of audit schedules and support.
- Manage various state tax filings and payments.
- Drive improvements to the internal accounting processes through automation, improved accuracy, and efficiency.
- Perform other ad hoc duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum 2-3 years of accounting experience preferably with 1-2 years of public accounting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- CPA preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft AX, and Tableau is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, and financial reporting.
- Experience preparing audit schedules and working with external auditors.
- Experience performing and reviewing balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Process improvement mindset leveraging information systems.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills, with outstanding attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with and support the rest of the team.
Founded by immigrants, Roland Foods knows that diversity is the spice of life. We believe in the power of food to open minds, spark adventure, and bring diverse people together. All are welcome at our table! We know the transformative value of food in individual lives and communities. Because of this, we insist on obtaining the highest-quality ingredients and talent!
Roland Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Roland Foods considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Roland Foods is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.