We are growing! Great opportunity to join one of the best health care partners in the industry!
Multiple positions available!
About Surgical Instrument Service Company
For almost 50 years, Surgical Instrument Service Company, Inc. (SIS) has been providing superior products and services to hospitals and healthcare facilities across the country. We pride ourselves on the personalized service we provide to each one of our customers.
Every action we take is aimed at making things easier for our customers from providing the widest range of equipment repair, to doing the job right the first time, every time. Through continuous innovation, process improvement and an unwavering desire to be the best SIS provides our customers with the greatest value in repair services. We are passionate about being a part of the continuum of care for happier and healthier patients.
SIS is currently looking for a motivated team player with relevant experience to fill a position as an Onsite Surgical Instrument Repair Technician. The successful candidate will be responsible for repairing and refurbishing a full range of surgical instruments according to original manufacturer and company specifications using a company-owned Instrument Care Unit (ICU). He/She will ensure proper maintenance of the ICU and its contents, and follow all safety guidelines while operating the ICU and repair machinery. The Technician must perform semi-autonomously, assessing instrumentation, evaluating problems, and executing repairs. He/She must present a professional demeanor and take ownership of responsibilities, acting proactively on behalf of the company and the customer, and ensuring the highest quality customer experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Sharpen, straighten, align, refurbish, recondition, repair, replace missing or worn parts of customer instrumentation according to industry best practices and company guidelines.
- Repair, calibrate, refurbish all general and specialty instrumentation and various other medical equipment as is customary to repair in a mobile unit, and forward other equipment to designated service location.
- Ensure all information provided to home office is correct and accurately recorded, including purchase order numbers where appropriate.
- Interact with hospital personnel in a professional and timely manner regarding repairs and upkeep of instrumentation to ensure customer service satisfaction.
- Generate and distribute paperwork to customers such as invoices, tray requests, tray rotation, and other documentation as required by SIS or the customer.
- Maintain a master tray list for each customer including service dates
- Maintain mobile repair lab inventory and supply levels, ensure periodic maintenance/repair of vehicle, and maintain all service logs according to SIS SOP for Instrument Care Units.
- Adhere to hospital criteria, products, special contract terms, etc.
- Identify areas of improvement regarding quality issues, and offer solutions
- Actively participate in continued education and training
- Acute attention to detail and aptitude for analyzing and solving problems
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while keeping safety and service paramount
- Relevant experience preferred
- Must be able to pass DOT medical exam and have an acceptable driving record
- Maintain a professional demeanor
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Capable of standing/being on feet majority of the day
- Capable of occasionally lifting items up to 50 pounds
SIS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates must pass pre-employment drug test and background check. All field facing employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19. For more information on SIS, please visit: www.sis-usa.com.