Flexible Endoscope Repair Technician
Job Title: Flexible Endoscope Repair Technician
Location: Glendale Heights, IL; throughout USA
Reports to: VP, Technical Operations
This position requires a high level of flexible endoscope and related instrument knowledge, as well as repair experience and expertise, ensuring consistent high-quality and timely repairs.
Key Accountabilities: The Flexible Endoscope Repair Technician must:
- Evaluate and diagnose issues and determine required repairs for incoming flexible endoscopes
- Using SIS order entry system, input required data needed to generate accurate repair quotations for customers
- Repair, refurbish, recondition, replace missing or worn parts of flexible endoscopes and other equipment to OEM specifications
- Produce, maintain and update detailed repair procedures for various models of flexible endoscopes and other equipment
- High-level of knowledge on proper repair methods, as instructed
- Accurately complete all evaluation, estimate and quality control paperwork in a timely manner
- Regularly communicate anticipated repair completion dates
- Effectively perform multiple endoscope repair tasks with no errors
- Consistently and effectively meet or exceed repair deadlines
- Conduct and support process audits to maintain and improve quality standards
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Maintain clean and organized work area
- Actively participate in continued education and training
- Minimum of three years of experience as a flexible endoscope repair technician, or a minimum of five years of experience as a lead technician in a production/manufacturing environment required
- Proficient knowledge endoscope repair techniques
- In depth knowledge of quality concepts and quality improvement techniques is desired
- Demonstrated ability to understand and manage data entry into SIS order entry system is critical
- Effective verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong leadership, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Motivated and positive attitude
- Time management and organization skills are a must
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent required
For almost 50 years, Surgical Instrument Service Company, Inc. (SIS) has been providing superior products and services to hospitals and healthcare facilities across the country. We pride ourselves on the personalized service we provide to each one of our customers.
Every action we take is aimed at making things easier for our customers – from providing the widest range of equipment repair, to doing the job right the first time, every time. Through continuous innovation, process improvement and an unwavering desire to be the best – SIS provides our customers with the greatest value in repair services.
SIS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For more information on SIS, please visit: www.sis-usa.com.