We are growing! Great opportunity to join one of the best healthcare partners in the industry!
About Surgical Instrument Service Company For over 50 years, Surgical Instrument Service Company, Inc. (SIS) has been providing superior products and services to hospitals and healthcare facilities across the country. We pride ourselves on the personalized service we provide to each one of our customers.
Every action we take is aimed at making things easier for our customers from providing the widest range of equipment repair, to doing the job right the first time, every time. Through continuous innovation, process improvement, and an unwavering desire to be the best, SIS provides our customers with the greatest value in repair services. We are passionate about being a part of the continuum of care for happier and healthier patients.
SIS is currently looking for a motivated team player with relevant experience to fill a position as an Onsite Surgical Equipment Support Representative. The successful candidate will act as a Trusted Advisor to SIS’s healthcare partners by providing onsite preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and installation support on all equipment serviced by SIS. (video equipment, rigid endoscopes, flexible endoscopes, power equipment, and instrumentation) in the customer’s environment. The Equipment Support Representative will interact with the customer’s staff daily, use technology to complete administrative requirements, aid in troubleshooting issues, and provide the superior customer experience that is the hallmark of SIS. He/She will identify and recommend products and services to improve the performance of the customer and SIS. He/She must present a professional demeanor and take ownership of responsibilities, acting proactively on behalf of the company and the customer, and ensuring the highest quality healthcare partner experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Proactively respond to and resolve customer problems/issues.
- Use provided product and industry knowledge to assure customer’s expectations of service are met or exceeded.
- Schedule and perform preventive maintenance inspections as required on SIS serviced equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Execute room set up on SIS serviced equipment as required by customer staff.
- Coordinate training and in-service activities with Sales Rep and Customer Account Specialist.
- Use provided tools and technology (smart phone, laptop computer and related software and applications) to perform administrative duties as assigned to ensure effective planning, utilization, and required document completion. This includes, but is not limited to: scheduling and updating Home Office staff on activities; completing service reports and activities onsite; communicating effectively with both SIS and customer staff; troubleshoot equipment; improve productivity; learn new technologies; maintain service logs according to SIS onsite procedures.
- Establish and maintain effective communicative relationships with customers, their staff, and SIS support and sales staff.
- Effectively communicate preventative maintenance scheduling needs, and estimated turn times for off-site repairs and maintenance.
- Recommend SIS products and services based on knowledge of customer’s equipment and processes.
- Must learn and adhere to proper operating room and healthcare partner protocols, policies, and procedures at all times while onsite.
- Assist Sales Rep with inventory and outstanding purchase order issues as needed.
- Be a positive ambassador for SIS and ensure a positive healthcare partner experience.
- Highly prefer at least 1 year of Operating Room (OR) Technician or Sterile Processing Department (SPD) Technician experience
- Acute attention to detail and demonstrated ability to troubleshoot situations, determine and provide a solution.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers and Windows software.
- Proficiency with web technologies and navigating internet/intranet sites.
- Strong customer communications experience, and demonstrated ability to build positive rapport and act as a Trusted Advisor with healthcare partners.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while keeping safety and service paramount
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Capable of standing/being on feet majority of the day
- Capable of occasionally lifting items up to 50 pounds
SIS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace. Candidates must pass pre-employment drug test and background check. For more information on SIS, please visit: www.sis-usa.com.