Do you love working with your hands? Are you mechanically inclined? Interested in a career that helps others? Join the SIS Team!
**NO SURGICAL INSTRUMENT EXPERIENCE REQUIRED! **
Candidates with welding, automotive, small engine repair, diesel repair, machine repair, equipment repair, computer repair, residential home repair, electrical, plumbing, HVAC repair, general maintenance and installation, aviation repair, jewelry repair, hospital sterile processing, etc. may have the desired skills.
For more than 50 years, Surgical Instrument Service Company, Inc. (SIS) has been providing superior products and services to hospitals and healthcare facilities across the country. We pride ourselves on the personalized service we provide to each one of our customers. Every action we take is aimed at making things easier for our customers, from providing the widest range of equipment repair, to doing the job right the first time, every time. Through continuous innovation, process improvement, and an unwavering desire to be the best, SIS provides our customers with the greatest value in repair services.
SIS is currently looking for motivated team players to fill positions as Instrument Repair Technicians. The entry-level repair technician works under the supervision and tutelage of experienced Repair Technicians to learn to repair and refurbish a full range of surgical instruments according to original manufacturer and company specifications. He/She will learn to evaluate instrumentation and execute repairs according to industry best practices and the highest company standards. The entry-level repair technician will follow all safety guidelines for operating repair machinery. He/She must take ownership of responsibilities and act proactively on behalf of the company and the customer, ensuring the highest quality customer experience.
• Adjust, calibrate, restore and/or repair customer instrumentation through various means as instructed by and under the supervision of Repair Technicians and Technical Supervisors according to industry best practices and company guidelines
• Troubleshoot malfunctioning instrumentation
• Test and verify effectiveness of all completed work
• Adhere to all safety guidelines at all times
• Complete all required paperwork for home office according to established company processes and customer requirements
• Identify areas of improvement regarding quality issues, and offer solutions
• Work as a valuable partner to the customer and an effective SIS team member
• Actively participate in continued education and training
• Other duties as assigned
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Superior mechanical aptitude required; machining or metal working experience a plus
• Acute attention to detail and an aptitude for analyzing and solving problems
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while keeping safety and service paramount
• Maintain a professional demeanor
• Capable of using both hands to manipulate instruments, tools and machinery
• Availability to work occasional overtime
• Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
• Capable of occasionally lifting items up to 50 pounds
SIS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For more information on SIS, or to apply directly, please visit: www.sis-usa.com.