Orchid Health was founded seven years ago with the belief that the most effective way to improve the health of our communities is through integrated primary and behavioral health care that takes the time to listen to and build trusting relationships with each patient. We are committed to our communities and each other, and are proud of the positive feedback and reputation that we have built.
We now see over 4,000 patients at our four clinic locations and are currently hiring for a full-time Senior Systems Specialist to become a superuser of our EHR platform, provide ongoing support relating to our Telehealth utilization and improvement, provide management of phone systems including installation of equipment, training of new staff on phone systems, managing work requests, and provide oversight and support of other Orchid IT systems and IT peripherals as needed.
Things you will do
Serve as an Orchid expert, providing leadership, expertise, and training to the organization and clinic staff, as well as management of the EHR System.
• Provide direct support to clinical operations and patient care teams to facilitate the optimal use of the EHR application in the clinic. Support the successful implementation of additional EHR applications at the clinic.
• Collaborate with clinic leadership, Quality Improvement teams, and users to identify opportunities for efficiencies in clinic operations, clinical practice support, and improved health outcomes.
• Provide daily support to EHR applications-users through troubleshooting, coaching, and consulting.
• Identify, assess, and troubleshoot application and equipment issues as they occur, identifying the problem and seeing it through to full resolution. Refer issues that require additional assistance to the EHR Support network, including technical and workflow information necessary to resolve the issue. Communicate resolution to the user when completed.
• Maintain clinic system setup such as the provider master file, security, fee schedules, and preference lists, Smartphrases, macros, vaccine lot management, etc.
• Manage error queues established for member organizations.
Management of phone systems including installation of equipment, training of new staff on phone systems, managing work requests and acting as a liaison with Orchids phone service vendor(s).
Provide oversight and support of other Orchid IT systems and IT peripherals as needed, including but not limited to:
Evaluating the functionality of IT systems including the planning, organizing, management, monitoring, and evaluation of the different activities related to computer management and electronic processing of information.
Consulting with Orchid end-users to ascertain needs and to ensure that current IT meets end-user needs, including diagnosing and providing solutions to recurring problems that require special attention.
How you will support our team members
• Provide daily support to EHR applications users through troubleshooting, coaching, and consulting.
• Coordinate and provide all necessary training to new clinic staff and providers, coordinate issuance of ID and password, and provide go‐live support according to established processes.
• Provide competency/efficiency training for existing users.
• Support upgrade training in collaboration with Orchid Leadership.
• Collaborate and coordinate with team members, including Help Desk, to translate learnings and experiences into documentation, training aides, newsletters, or other materials appropriate for your clinic.
What you bring to the table
Computer software and hardware technical support, Google Workspace administration, cloud application support, voice over IP, EHR (Athena preferred) administration, and Microsoft Suite support. Must be comfortable providing support remotely when needed.
Excellent oral and written skills, be able to write technical documentation and communicate technical concepts in an accessible manner.
Experience and skills in providing systems analysis, business processes flow creation, and application support.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in technology-related field or combination of training and experience
20% travel per month in Oregon
$70,158 to $74,443 annually
Complete benefits package including health/dental/vision insurance, paid medical malpractice, Wellness Benefit, 401k, PTO, Life Insurance, CME and more!
For more information about us visit: www.orchidhealth.org.
At Orchid Health, we strive to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.