Work for a small, innovative primary care clinic where you will be a valued part of a collaborative clinical team!
Orchid Health is a certified Rural Health Clinic located in Estacada, OR, which is a 45-minute drive east of Portland. We believe that team-based care, including advanced roles for our Medical Assistants is crucial in order to meet the needs of our complex, underserved population.
In the role of a medical assistant, you will work with clinic providers and will also carry out chart scrubs, lead morning huddles, conduct care coordination activities, and serve as an MA float. This position offers the opportunity to expand your professional MA skills while working as part of an innovative, patient-centered team. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
At Orchid Health, we strive to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. We believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other characteristics that make us different.
We welcome applicants who fit the description below and are happy to discuss any questions that you may have during the interview process.
● Ability to take vitals, draw blood, give injections (including immunizations), apply splints and dressings, and facilitate simple wound management under provider orders
● Knowledge of chronic diseases and related health maintenance and preventative care protocols
● Experience with Vaccines for Children program is preferred
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Technology savvy - those who are able to type 40+ WPM, have experience with rapid testing machine use, and experience with EHR systems are preferred
● Efficient, accurate work is required
● Successful applicants will possess genuine empathy and the desire to empower patients in reaching their health goals
● Team player attitude and consistent professionalism
● Interpersonal skills - successful applicants are those who enjoy building relationships by listening well, asking questions, and helping patients to find their own answers
Experience and Certifications:
● Minimum of one full year of experience in a primary care office
● Current national certification for medical assistant preferred
● Drug Screen and Background check will be performed
● $21.00-22.50/hour depending on experience, skills, and cultural add.
● Benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, PTO, CME stipend, plus a number of other fringe benefits including monthly massages and more.
For more information about Orchid Health, visit our website at www.orchidhealth.org. To apply, please include your resume. Thank you.