Work for a small, innovative primary care clinic whose been named Oregon Business 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon 2021, where you will be a highly valued part of a collaborative clinical team!
Orchid Health was founded six years ago with the belief that the most effective way to improve the health of our communities is through integrated patient-centered care that takes the time to listen to and build trusting relationships with each patient. We are committed to our communities and each other and are proud of the positive feedback and reputation that we have built.
We now see over 4,000 patients at our three clinic locations and are currently hiring for a full-time Patient Support Specialist to deliver exceptional and compassionate care to all patients at our newest clinic in Veneta/Elmira, Oregon.
Essential Job Functions
Patient Support Specialists serve one of the most important roles at Orchid Health. Oftentimes you are the first contact with our patients and their family members and are responsible for making a good impression.
As a Patient Support Specialist, you are responsible for coordinating the daily administration of doctors, staff, visitors, and patients at Orchid Health. You schedule appointments, answer patient inquiries, delegate patient emergencies, and monitor stock and supplies at the clinics.
We welcome applicants who fit the description below and are happy to discuss any questions that you may have before applying.
- Prepare for the day’s patients by verifying insurance, scrubbing for missing information, and preparing documents before we open so that the check-in process is streamlined.
- Warmly and professionally greet patients as they check into the clinic for their appointments.
- Collect and record necessary patient intake paperwork and any patient copays.
- Answer phone calls, schedule patient appointments, answer patient questions and be able to identify when patients need to discuss questions with a medical professional.
- Handle incoming faxes by passing them off to the appropriate staff member and/or uploading documents to patients’ electronic health records system.
- Calmly and professionally respond to healthcare crises as the first line of interaction. Appropriately involve supervisor(s) and the appropriate healthcare staff as needed.
- Mid-Day cleaning of the waiting room to ensure it is clean and presentable with fresh coffee, water, cups, tissue, business cards, stickers, magnets, etc.
- Participate in community events, promotional efforts, and healthcare activities.
- Present the clinic in a positive light at all times to members of the community.
- Maintain professional boundaries in the community at all times especially regarding PHI, HIPAA, and other sensitive information.
You possess genuine empathy and the desire to empower patients in reaching their health goals
Team player attitude and consistent professionalism
Interpersonal skills - successful applicants are those who enjoy building relationships by listening well, asking questions, and helping patients to find their own answers
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED certificate
Minimum of 1-year medical office experience
Working knowledge of Athena preferred
English-Spanish bi-lingual preferred
DOE plus health/dental/vision insurance, PTO, CME stipend, plus a number of other fringe benefits including an annual wellness benefit and more.
At Orchid Health, we strive to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We believe in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
For more information about Orchid Health, visit our website at www.orchidhealth.org. Thank you!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 - $20.00 per hour