Raindrop is a fast-growing agency located in the heart of Little Italy. We are looking for our next all-star Sr. Brand Manager who is a talented mix of organized, detail-oriented, strategic, and relational, in addition to being versed in the marketing space. As a Sr. Brand Manager, you will develop long-term, trusting relationships with our clients and provide forward-thinking ideas and solutions to drive their businesses to the next level.
You’ll collaborate closely with your assigned clients and our internal teams in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects and priorities. It’s imperative that you are meticulously organized, adaptable, and relentlessly passionate about producing work that people will love, whether it’s a full brand campaign or an email blast. You’ll be the gatekeeper of your accounts, ensuring everything that goes out our door is buttoned up, on-brand, and hits our targets.
You will have a senior-level role in the account team and may oversee junior account team members that are providing support in day-to-day responsibilities for your accounts. You will also collaborate with the Brand Supervisor(s) and Director of Brand & Account Management to keep the account team up to best practices in client partnerships and help ensure efficiency across the team.
If you are a motivated self-starter eager to hit the ground running, solve problems, and execute project deliverables flawlessly, all while keeping our clients happy, then this is the role for you.
- Daily communication with clients, including day-to-day project management, getting client approvals, and pitching innovative recommendations
- Verbal and written client-facing communication, handled with confidence and authority
- Leading of internal meetings to kick our teams off on the right foot in various client projects, representing the needs to the client and agency in a balanced manner
- Setting project timelines and managing the development of creative materials within budget and on schedule, including video/photo production, website design, marketing collateral, paid media campaigns, email marketing, and content development, to name a few
- Developing clear, strategic, and detailed marketing plans. Be able to communicate them clearly to clients and kick off our internal teams on the right foot.
- Being well-versed on all projects being worked on and coming up for clients in order to assist the department lead to properly manage resources and timelines
- Ensure that all creative materials have been copyedited and are client ready
- Developing insightful monthly performance reports and analytical overviews for clients to analyze monthly deliverables as needed
- Work with the paid media team and paid media vendors to manage delivery timing and specs
Finances and Time Tracking
- Coordinate printing delivery, creative and payment as needed
- Oversee monthly client billing and creative estimates for new projects as needed
- Be a leader, team player, and a thriving member of the Raindrop culture
- Oversee and manage junior account team members as departments and client accounts need
- Work with other senior account team members, Brand Supervisor(s), Director of Brand & Account Management, Operations team, and Finance team to ensure that processes across the agency fit the needs of current clients and team members.
- Be an active part of the Raindrop culture and community. Serve as a role model of Raindrop culture for more junior team members.
- Lead clients and colleagues with openness and passion for the work we do and the generosity of our partnership.
- Be a marketing thought leader for our clients and Raindrop team. Work with Brand Supervisor(s) and Director of Brand & Account Management to identify opportunities to optimize Raindrop services and value proposition.
- Collaborate in pushing new ideas and innovations forward for the agency as a whole.
- Present solutions instead of problems.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in marketing, preferably in an agency/client-facing setting
- Articulate, organized, and well accustomed to a client-facing role
- Comfortable with project management tools such as Asana, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.
- Meticulously organized with the ability to manage a wide volume of projects at once
COMPENSATION AND PERKS
- $65,000-$80,000 DOE
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) plan
- 10 paid days off to start, plus holidays