SENIOR ANALYTICS ENGINEER
(DALLAS, TX or REMOTE)
WHO WE ARE
Drumline is an independent, women-owned professional services firm that works at the intersection of data, analytics, technology, and marketing.
We’re an ensemble of tireless learners and creative problem-solvers focused on helping clients tackle tough problems, make smarter decisions, and generate incremental business value. How do we do that? By helping them get into a rhythm fueled by insights. This becomes an unstoppable force that moves them forward, every day.
Voted one of the Best Places to Work in Dallas, we care deeply about cultivating an inclusive culture, promoting flexibility, and encouraging mutual respect. We’re committed to the growth of our people, our clients, and our community.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Our Analytics Engineering team is searching for a Senior Analytics Engineer to join our growing team. This individual must have deep experience in Analytics Engineering, as you will lead the implementation of advanced 1st- and 3rd-party tracking, server-side endpoints, analytics platforms, among other solutions.
Since our Analytics Engineering team sits at the forefront of an ever-evolving digital measurement landscape, we gravitate toward candidates who are equal parts left-brained and right-brained. You should have a demonstrated history of coming up with creative solutions to complex technical challenges. And you should get energy from working in highly collaborative environments where success is dependent on effectively working alongside other teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead large-scale, high visibility projects independently and with other team members
- Lead and manage the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics
- Mentor, teach, and train junior team members, and assists them in removing roadblocks in daily work
- Support, implement, document, maintain, and extend the functionality of our clients's tracking infrastructure
- Identify, troubleshoot, and fix highly complex data collection problems
- Define data quality processes; perform quality control and testing on new and existing implementations
- Create custom scripts, templates, and extensions that add functionality, improve data capture, and simplify coding
- Standardize data collection by architecting the data foundation used by all tracking solutions
- Architect and develop platform agnostic dataLayers to better understand user intent and key conversions
- Work alongside Drumline’s internal Strategy team and clients’ marketing teams to take business requirements and effectively translate them into functional solutions designs (SDRs, tech specs, etc.)
- Create and champion ongoing maintenance of technical implementation documentation
- Work closely with client IT or development teams to ensure that the data being collected meets business requirements
- Implement newer tracking technologies, such as Server-side and CDP platforms
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, with 5+ years’ experience in analytics development or implementation, architecture, and data quality
- 5+ years of experience in analytics engineering, with a focus on implementation, architecture, and data quality
- 5+ years of experience in two or more tag management systems – Adobe Launch, Google Tag Manager, Ensighten, or Tealium
- Effective at communicating complex technical requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience leading end-to-end web analytics implementations, particularly Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics (Universal Analytics and GA4)
- Experience with mobile app analytics implementation, and understanding of mobile software development kit such as Adobe, Firebase, and GA4
- Extensive experience with designing, architecting, and validating dataLayers, data Objects, Sets, and Arrays
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills using tools such as DevTools, Charles, Fiddler, ObservePoint, etc.
- Deep experience reading, interpreting, and creating technical implementation documentation
- Solid understanding of cookie-based laws and tracking prevention mechanisms and how they impact our client’s ability to effectively capture data
- Focused on innovative problem solving, with ability to think outside of the box
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable in a Scrum Environment
Additional qualifications and on-the-job learning opportunities
- Knowledge of content management systems such as WordPress, Adobe Experience Manager, Shopify, etc.
- Understands object-oriented languages and learns new languages quickly
- Knows how to use APIs to pull back data and understands their use cases
- Adobe Certified Expert in one or more Adobe Solutions
- Python or other coding language experience a bonus
- Experience working in Customer Data Platforms
WHY CHOOSE US
- Generous paid time off
- 401K with company matching program as well as profit sharing and annual bonus
- Strong company culture and teams that really care about the work they are doing
- Focus on career and personal development resulting in opportunities for growth
- Awarded one of the Best Places to Work by the Dallas Business Journal which determines winners based on direct employee feedback
- Encourages work/life balance with opportunities for both remote and in-office work environments
- Diverse set of clients with interesting challenges
- Excellent hard and soft benefits including strong health & dental coverage, company service days that give us a chance to give back together, and devoted time for deep work (e.g., Deep Work Wednesdays – no meetings after 2PM)