Adela is focused on the detection of cancer and other high-morbidity, high-mortality conditions through a blood test. The Company’s genome-wide methylation analysis technology has the unique ability to distinguish the most-highly informative (methylated) regions of the genome from the non-informative regions and preferentially target those informative regions for sequencing. The technology is initially being developed for use across the cancer continuum for detection, diagnosis and management and in the future will be applied to other conditions beyond cancer.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join the Adela Team as Senior Director of Project Management. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing, dynamic, and collaborative biotech company leveraging cutting-edge liquid biopsy technology. This newly created role will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer and will be charged with overall responsibility for planning and managing the strategic direction of the Project Management Office (PMO). The incumbent will make certain the PMO is fully capable of supporting the technical and business objectives in the company portfolio ensuring that all timelines and deliverables are achieved. The Senior Director will influence change, develop and implement efficient and robust project management processes and strategies, and partner cross-functionally with a variety of stakeholders to build targeted and executable deliverables.
- Establishes and builds Project Management Organization (PMO).
- Defines and implements PMO systems, tools, and processes.
- Develops PMO charter, aligns strategic objectives with corporate goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates ability to implement core project management disciplines into newly formed organization, focusing on best practice implementation and execution.
- Implements processes and defines Key Performance Indicators in alignment with corporate (KPIs), for example, Project Performance, Operational Performance, Portfolio Performance.
- Provides guidance, structure, and leadership for the Project Management function; mobilizes project team members including senior leadership to meet timelines and deliverables.
- Creates a roadmap to set the future vision and strategic direction of the project management team.
- Monitors, measures, and reports on project teams’ performance via reporting to multiple levels within the organization.
- Monitors resources and project pipeline to provide adequate PM coverage.
- Ensures project plans and schedules are accurate and complete for all active projects.
- Meets regularly with executive team to communicate project decisions, prioritization, status, and risks. Provides recommendations to mitigate risks, measures efficacy of mitigation, and ensures adherence to timelines and with corporate objectives.
- Leads project meetings to monitor specific projects, assist if problems arise, and give guidance or expertise when needed.
- Collaborates and consults with other department leaders to ensure upcoming projects are appropriately scoped and resourced.
- Creates and manages integrated project throughout the project life cycle (initiates, plans, executes, controls, closes, and completes post-completion assessment) across the entire organization.
- In coordination with COO, monitors and reports on the project and portfolio budgets, scope, schedule, and key performance indicators quickly addresses and resolves risks & performance issues and ensures achievement of intended project outcomes.
- Sets PMO team member goals, employee development plans, completes annual performance reviews.
- Previous leadership experience developing high functioning teams.
- Highly organized and able to meet task timelines to realize overall project outcomes.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally on complex projects in support of corporate deliverables.
- Ability to function effectively both as an individual contributor to perform tasks at hand as well as build and lead a highly productive team.
- Ability to work both tactically and strategically.
- Demonstrated proficiency in strategic planning, risk management, and change management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven leadership abilities, possesses well-developed interpersonal skills to interface and collaborate with all levels and functions within the organization effectively (both technical and non-technical) and bring teams to agreement.
- Strong negotiation skills, striking a balance between being flexible and driving results with aggressive timelines.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; can manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously.
- Creates an environment that encourages and rewards teamwork, collaboration and encourages employee engagement.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in life sciences or a technical field, advanced degree preferred.
- Professional Management Institute’s Project Management Professional Certification preferred
- Minimum ten years’ progressive project management experience.