Adela is focused on the detection of cancer and other high-morbidity, high-mortality conditions through a blood test. The Company’s genome-wide methylation analysis technology has the unique ability to distinguish the most highly informative (methylated) regions of the genome from the non-informative regions and preferentially target those informative regions for sequencing. The technology is initially being developed for use across the cancer continuum for detection, diagnosis, and management, and in the future, it will be applied to other conditions beyond cancer. We are seeking a disciplined, detail-oriented individual who will be based in the New Haven, CT, Adela laboratory. You will be a key member of Laboratory Operations team, performing sample accessioning and other laboratory duties to support the development of this innovative technology.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Receive specimens from multiple daily deliveries, auditing deliveries, and signing for packages.
* Accession patient specimens according to SOP.
* Work with specimens that may contain blood-borne pathogens in an appropriately controlled environment.
* Adhere to strict Quality Assurance standards while accessioning specimens.
* Accurately and efficiently enter patient and specimen information into the LIMS.
* Assist with resolving accessioning issues with requisition discrepancies, missing information, and other accessioning related problems.
* Prepare laboratory specimens for testing including labeling specimens accurately and distribute them to the appropriate personnel to ensure specimen integrity.
* Maintain adequate inventory specific to accessioning processes and in support of other lab processes.
* Support receiving and shipment of samples and materials for the laboratory.
* Work closely with other departments to resolve and escalate incomplete or unclear order issues.
* Participate in continuing education and staff meetings as assigned.
* Must be able to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to details.
* Work effectively and independently in a fast-pace high-volume environment.
* Must be able to work under conditions that require sitting, standing, walking, lifting bending, and reaching.
* Must be able to lift 50lb.
* Flexibility to work weekends and/or odd shifts based on company’s needs is desired.
* Other laboratory duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Some college course work in biology or related life sciences from an accredited institution desired.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including written, verbal, and listening skills.