Adela is seeking an Office Manager, who will perform administrative and office support. Key duties will include managing meetings, supporting Company employees on administrative tasks including recruiting, vendor management and maintaining the Office/Lab infrastructure. Strong organizational skills are required, as well as comfort with Excel and quantitative analyses, along with strong communications skills.
The successful candidate must be able to interact with others at all levels, in a fast-paced environment, and at times under pressure. The successful candidate will have a strong professional demeanor, with a sense of urgency and be results-focused. Moreover, the successful candidate must also have the highest integrity and be able to keep sensitive material and conversations strictly confidential.
Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include the following:
• Receiving deliveries to the Company, including packages and equipment
• Maintaining the Office/Lab infrastructure, including phones, computers, and other networks, coordinating with building maintenance, working with contractors, requesting quotes, providing entry access cards, and managing office and kitchen supplies (track, order, stock)
• Logistic support and coordination/set-up of meetings, events, off-sites, etc, including managing the process from start-up, arranging location and necessary equipment, preparing agenda and relevant information, taking meeting minutes and other relevant tasks
• Managing expense reporting, and other financial transactions in support of Company, including Purchase Order (PO) requests, responses to vendors.
• Maintaining working knowledge of relevant Company policies and procedures, and providing relevant information as required.
• Supporting Company communications, including preparation of Powerpoint presentations, and directly receiving and directing visitors to the Company.
• General administrative support, conducted with minimal supervision, including answering phones, organizing meetings, arranging travel.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
The successful candidate for the position of Office Manager must have a demonstrated record of accomplishments in an administrative support function, with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience. The ideal candidate will have had significant administrative responsibility with experience supporting a fast-growing company in a dynamic industry environment. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant work experience is desired, ideally in a science or engineering field.