Statistical Analyst / Senior Statistical Analyst / Staff Statistical Analyst
ADELA is focused on the detection of cancer and other high-morbidity, high-mortality conditions through a blood test. The Company’s genome-wide methylation analysis technology has the unique ability to enrich for the most highly informative (methylated) regions of the genome from the non-informative regions and preferentially target those informative regions for sequencing. The technology is initially being developed for use across the cancer continuum for detection, diagnosis, and management and in the future will be applied to other conditions beyond cancer.
ADELA is seeking a highly motivated and creative statistical analyst / senior statistical analyst / staff statistical analyst to join the biometrics team. This role will be responsible for all coding related to data manipulation, derived variables, analysis, and tables, figures, listings (TFLs) under the leadership of the study biostatistician. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing, dynamic, and collaborative company delivering cutting-edge technology directly to clinicians and patients.
- Lead the data derivation project to release data products for downstream analysis.
- Design and develop statistical programming, perform appropriate quality control and verification in support of clinical research analysis and reporting activities.
- Maintain statistical programming documentation as appropriate.
- Participate in development of statistical analysis plan (SAP), execute analyses according to the SAP, produce tables, figures and listings (TFLs) and report analysis results in clinical study report (CSR).
- Apply statistical methods to evaluate product performance, write reports and communicate results via regulatory submissions and manuscripts, posters, and conferences.
- Collaborate with data management in the planning and implementation of data quality assurance plans.
- Assist the lead study biostatistician in study design and simulation work.
- Review codes from other statistical analysts and provide constructive feedback.
- Create, test and maintain R packages for data derivation, analysis, visualization and quality assurance.
- Perform activities in compliance with departmental processes and procedures.
· Master’s degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, MSPH (in Statistics or Biostatistics), Computer Science, Epidemiology or Mathematics.
· Proficiency in statistical programming language R (tidyverse, dplyr, and ggplot2) and Rmarkdown.
· 3+ years of statistical analysis/programming experience will be considered at the senior level.
· 5+ years of statistical analysis/programming experience will be considered at the staff level.
· Proficiency in BUGS/JAGS/Julia.
· Familiarity with AWS, Git, Phabricator, Docker.
· Interpersonal/teamwork skills for effective interactions.
· Technical growth and application with working knowledge of statistics and statistical software.
· Self-management skills with a focus on results for timely and accurate completion of competing deliverables.
· Creativity and innovation.
· Demonstrated problem solving ability and attention to detail.
· Pharmaceutical industry standards such as ICH guidelines, SDTM, ADaM, CDISC, CDASH, etc.