Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, the Human Resources Generalist will serve as a point of contact for employee process/policy questions as well as manage onboarding to ensure that employee and organizational data is complete. The HR generalist will also assist in the management of the employee lifecycle with a focus on recruitment and team growth. This individual will play an integral part in developing HR processes and policies.
- Responsible for supporting hiring managers across the organization to implement Adela’s hiring strategy to attract and retain the best talent.
- · Responsible for sourcing of candidates to identify key talent to grow Adela’s team.
- Manage full employee cycle recruitment which includes: (sourcing, prescreening, scheduling, background checks, references and offer).
- Manage the onboarding process for new employees. · Assist in counseling employees concerning work-related problems.
- Supports company’s diversity initiatives and may maintain records for EEO and affirmative action reporting requirements.
- Assist Manager’s with the creation/writing of job position descriptions.
- Assist with creating and maintaining employee policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining employee handbooks.
- Conducts research and analyzes data on assigned projects.
- Assist with the annual performance management process.
- Assist employee with basic employee benefits questions.
- Responsible for conducting exit interviews, providing feedback to management when necessary.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Prior recruitment and orientation experience
- Knowledge of US labor law
- Knowledge of Canadian law helpful
- Knowledge of administrative tasks and responsibilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience in cross- cultural setting
- Problem-solving skills and resourceful thinking
- Strong empathy and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills