Adela is focused on the detection of cancer and other high-morbidity, high-mortality conditions through a blood test. The Company’s genome-wide methylation analysis technology has the unique ability to distinguish the most highly informative (methylated) regions of the genome from the non-informative regions and preferentially target those informative regions for sequencing. The technology is initially being developed for use across the cancer continuum for detection, diagnosis, and management, and in the future, it will be applied to other conditions beyond cancer.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Laboratory Technologist I at our Connecticut facility. The Laboratory Technologist I will be responsible for executing molecular biology assays and experiments supporting the clinical workflow. This individual must have hands-on experience performing laboratory procedures. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing, dynamic, and collaborative biotech company leveraging cutting-edge liquid biopsy technology to improve human health and well-being.
Position Responsibilities and Essential Duties:
- With limited supervision, performs nucleic acid extraction, nucleic acid quantification, PCR amplification, and library preparation for next-generation sequencing of clinical specimens.
- Performs laboratory work in compliance with CLIA, CAP, State, and Federal regulations.
- Ensures a sufficient supply of reagents, consumables, and other materials essential for executing experiments and assays.
- Prepare solutions and reagents and perform quality control on instruments.
- Strictly adheres to safety protocols, wearing of PPE, and laboratory best practices.
- Maintains documentation and records in an accurate, timely, and thorough manner
- Reviews result with supervisor and demonstrate an appropriate level of understanding of scientific aspects of laboratory testing as observed by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Experienced in the isolation and quantification of nucleic acid from biological samples
- Familiar with the use of analytical equipment.
- Capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect assay performance and immediately notify laboratory management.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent prioritization and time-management
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency with computer programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Document Control Systems, and LIS/LIMS.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team in a fast-paced environment