Bilingual Mental Health Therapist
Contractor Opening at Hand to Hold
Hand to Hold, a national NICU family support non-profit, helps families before, during, and after NICU stays and infant loss by providing powerful resources and one-on-one peer mentoring. Hand to Hold seeks a therapist for contract work who is passionate about improving support for NICU and bereaved families. Parents whose child(ren) is experiencing, or has experienced, a NICU stay due to preterm labor, a prenatal diagnosis or anomaly, and/or medical complications at birth are at higher risk for perinatal mood and anxiety disorders.
The ideal candidate must have experience in maternal mental health and/or perinatal mood and anxiety disorders. Reporting to the Director of Programs, this committed and thoughtful individual will coordinate scheduling and intakes, provide assessments, such as the Edinburgh Postpartum Depression Scale (EPDS), and treatment to individuals using a trauma-informed perspective. Therapy provided can be from different theoretical approaches such as Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), or other Solution-Focused therapies. Treatment can include, but is not limited to: processing their child’s birth, processing trauma and grief, enhancing parental coping skills, reducing or overcoming perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, processing perinatal loss, adjustment to bringing baby home.
Personal experience with Hand to Hold’s mission is preferred, but not required.
- Contact individuals or couples who are interested in Hand to Hold’s counseling services to complete intake paperwork and coordinate scheduling for therapy sessions.
- Conduct necessary assessments and work in partnership with clients to define their treatment goals.
- Provide short-term treatment using appropriate therapy modalities. Due to COVID-19, all sessions are currently done using a telehealth system.
- Track and report program data within program timelines to collect demographic information, and measure impact, satisfaction and overall program effectiveness.
- Communicate promptly and regularly with clients and stakeholders.
- Submit monthly invoices.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Programs.
- Graduated from an accredited college or university with a Master's degree with a major specialization in Human/Behavioral/Social Services or related field.
- Licensed Practitioner in the state of Texas- LPC/LPCC, LCSW, LMFT, or Licensed Psychologist. (Licensed Interns or Associates are welcomed to apply.)
- Bilingual in English and Spanish is required.
- Experience serving diverse populations and providing services in a culturally competent manner.
- Experience performing mental health assessments, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Ability to abide by best practices, confidentiality, and ethical standards, and be HIPAA compliant.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational skills and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work both independently and on teams.
- Ability to think proactively, address problems creatively, and take initiative appropriately.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Hand to Hold’s mission.
- Personal experience with a child or loved one in the NICU is a plus.
Report to the Director of Programs
No counseling supervision provided (ex: supervision from an LPC-Supervisor)
Hours/Caseload: negotiable; up to 15 clients per week
Compensation: $50 per client session
Eligibility: Open to applicants within the State of Texas
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.