Entry level position focusing on producing high quality, detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. Employee will be required to perform a number of complex, but repetitive electro-mechanical assembly operations of electronic parts, components, subassemblies and units which include printed circuit boards, wire harnesses, and other electronic assemblies.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Assembly of PC boards, wire harnesses and electro-mechanical assemblies using various hand tools. Hand tools include, but are not limited to; drills, soldering irons, and screwdrivers.
- Able to perform the following:
- Assigned tasks within acceptable quality levels in accordance with Quality Standards.
- Work from assembly drawings, parts lists, and wire diagrams
- In-process inspection of own work and previous steps
- Installing finished assemblies and subassemblies in cases
- Display a competent ability at multi-tasking, while working in a fast pace environment
- Follow verbal and written instruction in English
- Keeps workstation neat and orderly.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have ability to mount and solder both SMT and through-hole components, such as resistors: capacitors, IC’s, and cables onto printed circuit boards.
- Must have ability to read and comprehend schematics, component placement drawings, assembly layouts, wiring diagrams, drawings and sketches for the completion, modification, and/or re-assembly of a variety of electro-mechanical assemblies and subassemblies.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft applications.
- Must be able to communicate in English. Oral and written.
- The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic and exhibit excellent attention to detail, so as to promote accuracy and quality of work.
- Must be comfortable working within a fast pace environment and be able to meet time and quality standards.
- Soldering certification (such as IPC) is a plus.
- Experience with PMA, ISO 9001 and AS9100 standards is a plus.