Avionica, LLC delivers robust, reliable, innovative aviation products and services to diverse customers, including airlines, aircraft, engine and avionics manufacturers, maintenance facilities, regulatory agencies, safety boards, and militaries worldwide. We are looking for a Software Engineer II to join our team!
The Level II Software Engineer will be required to lead complex software development projects utilizing Linux and Microsoft Windows based compilers and debug tools in the design of embedded avionic systems and complementary ground support equipment. This position requires strong communication and leadership skills with demonstrated success in people and project management experience. The candidate must be able to drive the development of, and maintain ownership of, complex engineering projects throughout life-cycle including specification, design, implementation, testing, and post-release maintenance. Each candidate will be required to demonstrate a commitment to process/policy compliance and a willingness to promote continuous improvement initiatives.
A successful candidate must be able to work with a significant amount of independence, take initiative in proposing ideas, soliciting input, and optimizing solutions while taking minimal direction from higher level management. Further, a qualifying candidate should have familiarity with electronic and embedded computer circuitry to the degree necessary to test and debug developing embedded software and firmware.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Design and coding of software and software algorithms utilizing sound engineering practices. Designs may include both assembly and high-level languages for target platforms including both Linux and/or Microsoft Windows.
- Generation of documentation and processes with adherence to RTCA DO-178 software design and documentation standards.
- Generation of documentation, as required, to support the design and verification of completed software design including, but not limited to:
Product and software design specifications
o Test specifications and reports
o Operating Manuals and User’s Guides
- Aid in development of test software necessary for the production test of release products.
- Interface with internal and external personnel including, but not limited to:
o FAA and similar governing agencies
o Component vendor engineering representatives and support personnel
o Production and Quality Control/Assurance personnel
- May utilize high level (VHDL) logic development language to implement necessary functionality within FPGA based designs.
- Independently or in conjunction with other personnel, may participate in the design of electronic circuitry utilized in developing products.
- May travel, as required, to accommodate above duties.
- Minimum of BS or BA in computer science, computer engineering, or related degree.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the design, implementation, and support of embedded systems.
- At least 1 years full life-cycle DO-178 B documentation development experience.
- Experience with developing Graphical User Interfaces, System Services, and Device Drivers for Microsoft Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- Experience with embedded uCLibC CLibrary development
- Experience with configuration and compilation of Linux Kernel source
- Working knowledge of GNU make and auto make build tools.
- Working knowledge of SVN, SourceSafe, GIT, or Team Foundation Server CM tools.
- Experience in developing and implementing test procedures, test cases, and requirements analysis.
- Experience with cross compiler and in-circuit debugging tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency with a variety of software development languages, including but not limited to C, C++, Visual C++, TCL, BASH, and other software development languages
- Experience with development processes on CMMI, ISO 9000 a plus
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
- Ability to interface with Hardware Engineers to independently work out solutions to development issues
- Strong ability to learn existing applications quickly.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Knowledge of digital circuits a plus.
- Some exposure to high level (VHDL) logic development language desired including Xlinx and Altera based products and development tools.
- Working knowledge of IP based data networks and software.
- FAA Certifications including Pilot Certificate a plus.