The engineering intern will have an immersive experience across software & hardware projects. Under the guidance of senior engineers, interns will work in the design, implementation, & certification of company projects with an opportunity to apply his/her existing skills and abilities while also learning many new ones. Interns will have the unique opportunity to work on safety-critical aviation equipment across Avionica’s product portfolio, which includes data recorders, satellite communications equipment, & flight deck solutions. There are also opportunities available in the design & implementation of scalable cloud-based solutions for communications, data recovery, data manipulation, and customer-facing websites.
This is a paid internship opportunity. A successful summer internship can also potentially lead to continued internship opportunities and/or a full-time position.
· Currently enrolled or recent graduate with a Bachelor’s in Engineering: Aerospace, Computer, Electrical, Electronic Systems, Electro-mechanical, Software, Systems, Computer Science
· Recent graduate of technical bootcamp
· Familiarity with laboratory equipment including logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, voltage meters
· Familiarity with digital circuit implementation using FPGAs and microprocessors.
· Familiarity with Python, C, HDL, and/or Linux scripting
· Familiarity with web development technology
· Familiarity with C#, .NET, NodeJS, and Windows technology
· Familiarity deploying and maintaining Azure solutions
· Willingness to learn
· Passionate about shaping the future of aviation technology
· Develop reliable, effective, and efficient high-tech products
· Define conclusive test procedures
· Maintain a complex, large-scale engineering data repository correctly and reliably
· Understand how to convert stakeholder requirements into new products & features
· Work with inter-disciplinary teams across various functional groups to meet company objectives
· Participate in projects from customer requirements trawling via innovative hard and software development, aircraft installation design, and aviation certification, all the way to on-wing install and test sessions on airfields