Avionica, LLC delivers robust, reliable, innovative aviation products and services to diverse customers, including airlines, aircraft, engine and avionics manufacturers, maintenance facilities, regulatory agencies, safety boards, and militaries worldwide. We are looking for an Embedded Linux Software Engineer II to join our team!
As an Embedded Linux Software Engineer II, you will play the vital role of leading complex software development projects utilizing Linux based compilers and debug tools in the design of embedded avionic systems. The candidate must be able to drive the development of, and maintain ownership of, complex engineering projects throughout life-cycle including specification, design, implementation, testing, and post-release maintenance. We are looking for a candidate that can demonstrate a commitment to process/policy compliance and a willingness to promote continuous improvement initiatives.
A successful candidate must be able to work with a significant amount of independence, take initiative in proposing ideas, soliciting input, and optimizing solutions. Further, a qualifying candidate should have familiarity with electronic and embedded computer circuitry to the degree necessary to test and debug developing embedded software and firmware. Equal importance will be put on a candidate’s qualifications, as well as their ability to communicate those qualifications during our 2-part interview process.
Functions & Responsibilities:
• Design and coding of software and software algorithms utilizing sound engineering practices. Designs may include both assembly and high-level languages for target platforms including both Linux and/or Microsoft Windows.
• Generation of documentation, as required, to support the design and verification of completed software design including, but not limited to:
- Product and software design specifications
- Test specifications and reports
- Operating Manuals and User’s Guides
• Aid in development of test software necessary for the production test of release products.
• Interface with internal and external personnel including, but not limited to:
- FAA and similar governing agencies
- Component vendor engineering representatives and support personnel
- Production and Quality Control/Assurance personnel
• Independently or in conjunction with other personnel, may participate in the design of electronic circuitry utilized in developing products.
• May travel, as required, to accommodate above duties.
• Commitment to comply with the requirements of Avionica’s Quality System Manual.
• Continual improvement of the quality management systems effectiveness.
• At least 3 years of experience in the design, implementation, and support of embedded systems.
• Demonstrated proficiency with a variety of software development languages, including but not limited to C, python, and other software development languages.
• Experience with configuration and compilation of Linux Kernel source.
• Experience with System Services, and Device Drivers for Linux Operating Systems.
• Working knowledge of GNU make and auto make build tools.
• Working knowledge of SVN or Team Foundation Server CM tools.
• Experience in developing and implementing test procedures, test cases, and requirements analysis.
• Experience with development processes on CMMI, ISO 9000 is a plus
• Ability to work independently and be a self-starter.
• Ability to interface with Hardware Engineers to independently work out solutions to development issues
• Strong ability to learn existing applications quickly and productively.
• Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
• Knowledge of digital circuits is a plus.
• Some exposure to high level (VHDL) logic development language.
• Working knowledge of IP based data networks and software.
• FAA Certifications including Pilot Certificate is a plus.
• Minimum of BS or BA in computer science, computer engineering, or related degree.
• Leadership certifications a plus.