The Project Engineer accomplishes multiple tasks to support Avionica’s projects. The ideal candidate is a professional who is motivated to work in the Aviation industry providing administrative support to a team of engineers engaged in product certifications, research and development, and design data packages for equipment installations.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Review Avionica orders and coordinates with Sales and Manufacturing for Avionics products and Engineering Services
- Assemble and send installation data and technical information to customers, contractors and Civil Aviation Authorities
- Request service quotes (RFP/RFQ) for contractors
- Create Purchase Requisitions, coordinate PO request and processing
- Coordinate contractor’s projects and project status reports
- Coordinate contractor invoices, processing, and approval
- Assist with customer or contractor’s meetings, preparing agenda, coordinating meetings and taking minutes • Update/maintain databases for projects
- May interface with internal personnel including, but not limited to: Development and Support Engineers, Production and Quality personnel, Sales and Accounting
- Completes moderately complex writing tasks in a timely fashion with minimal supervision
- Update internal policy/procedures
- Bachelor’s degree with aspirations to work in the engineering or technical fields
- Detail oriented and a responsible team-player dedicated to producing high-quality work in a timely manner
- Proactive and challenge oriented individual with a high desire to learn and improve.
- Problem solver, capable of think out of the box and work independently to find alternative solutions.
- Able to work in a fast-changing technical environment that require constant priorities shifts to complete projects and reach goals.
- Avid user of Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook and Power Point)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Familiarity, not mandatory, with the following:
o DO-178 Software Certification Guidelines
o Aircraft systems and equipment
o SAE AS9100C
- Previous experience in the Aerospace industry
- Experience coordinating technical communication with customers and contractors
- Individual aware of the importance tracking of information and reporting
- Engineering/Technical background