The web we envision incorporates data rights as a default, gives people the full power of their networks and the value they generate, promotes transparency and trust, and opens opportunity to effect positive social change at scale. The time has come to build a better web, one that works for people first. Go to unfinishedlabs.io to understand our story, or download our dsnp_whitepaper to explore the details.
Unfinished is looking for a skilled native Android developer to join our team. You will design and build a new blockchain wallet app that will be the user hub of our Distributed Social Networking Protocol (https://dsnp.org). From securely storing keys, signing transactions, and delegating permissions the wallet will be helping the user control digital access to their social identity and becoming a primary way for users to explore the DSNP ecosystem as well as other ground breaking token ecosystems to come.
- Use Kotlin and/or Java to build a new blockchain wallet
- Collaborate with product and design teams to define app features and feel
- Diagnose and fix bugs and performance issues
- Develop prototypes to test new concepts and designs
- An independent, driven developer that can work in a small fast paced team using agile methodologies to develop new features, fix issues and solve problems
- Be a proactive advocate for improving the app
- Demonstrate professional experience working with Kotlin and/or Java
- Ability to take ownership of your work
- Extensive experience with Android SDK and Frameworks and building/publishing Libraries
- Knowledge of Android and REST back-end services
- Experience with modern authorization methods and key storage security
- Plus for experience with crypto, wallets, and encryption
More About Us
With a network of partners in technology, academia, social impact and the arts, Unfinished is imagining the future of technology, culture, and our economy to create a thriving multiracial democracy.
Project Liberty seeks to accelerate the world’s transition to an open, inclusive data economy that puts citizens in control. At the core is a shift from centralized to decentralized—a future in which all people, not just the few, directly benefit from their participation and contribution. The success of this work, in fact, depends on many people and organizations actively working together to shape a better future.
The determined team behind the earliest stages of Project Liberty is working to pave the way for these many contributors by actively engaging diverse voices, and equipping them with the critical infrastructure they need to catalyze change. We have developed the technology to make a shared, community governed social network possible—now available to the public as open source code. We are designing developer tools and an incentive system to reward early adopters and their work, and to support migration to a healthier web economy. And we are bringing together networks of organizations that seek change—including the formation of an Institute with Georgetown University and Sciences Po focused on leveraging technology to drive the common good.
The expected salary range for this position is: $120,000 - $160,000 annually. The actual salary offer will be determined on factors including the qualifications, experience, skills, and abilities of the applicant. This role is also eligible for an incentive bonus. You’ll find a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package here at Unfinished.
We believe having diversity of perspective, professional backgrounds, identity groups and lived experience is a strength for teams and we actively encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Unfinished is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability, age, and familial, caregiver, or veteran status.