Unfinished works to strengthen our civic life in the digital age.
We are building a new shared, public infrastructure for the web that generates much greater value for the people who use it. The web we envision incorporates data rights as a default, gives people the full power of their networks and the value they generate, promotes transparency and trust, and opens opportunity to effect positive social change at scale. The time has come to build a better web, one that works for people first. Visit projectliberty.io to learn more, go to unfinishedlabs.io to understand our story, or download our dsnp_whitepaper to explore the details.
We are in need of a DevOps Engineer who will be responsible for our production cloud environment and the management of our Ops team.
Partnering with engineering to architect, build, and monitor highly available, performant systems.
Ownership over the monitoring and alerting infrastructure.
Ensuring the production environment and all user data are kept secure using best practices, tools, and patching strategies
Management of data replication, backup, restore, scaling, and redundancy.
You have demonstrable experience managing production in multiple AWS environments.
You’ve built IaC with tools like Terraform or Ansible.
You’ve developed experience managing Linux/Unix/Ubuntu systems
You’ve developed experience with and an understanding of designing solutions and best practices for CI/CD (Jenkins/Circle/CI/etc).
You’ve setup and managed monitoring and alerting systems ( (such as Prometheus/ELK/Grafana/Cactus/etc).
In addition if you have experience with Azure, Docker & Kubernetes, and supporting microservices environments it will offer added value for our environment.
- You are an entrepreneurial leader who has a sincere passion for DevOps, and as such takes an simultaneously innovative and methodical approach to your work.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, likely developed through experiences within start-up environments, and enjoy and embrace new evolving challenges as your prior companies have grown.
- You are capable of executing a high volume of daily production while always thinking about scale, and developing short term fixes that align with long-term solutions and needs.
- You have developed and continue to maintain strong scripting skills, philosophically viewing it as critical to your ability to lead others.
- In addition, you love automation and always seek out opportunities to maximize the efficiency of working rhythms and systems.
- We strive to always take the high road
- We take the long view
- We are builders
- We believe in the power of collective genius above lone heroes
- We value the possibilities opened through questions
- We are us
More About Us
With a network of partners in technology, academia, social impact and the arts, Unfinished is imagining the future of technology, culture, and our economy to create a thriving multiracial democracy.
Project Liberty seeks to accelerate the world’s transition to an open, inclusive data economy that puts citizens in control. At the core is a shift from centralized to decentralized—a future in which all people, not just the few, directly benefit from their participation and contribution. The success of this work, in fact, depends on many people and organizations actively working together to shape a better future.
The determined team behind the earliest stages of Project Liberty is working to pave the way for these many contributors by actively engaging diverse voices, and equipping them with the critical infrastructure they need to catalyze change. We have developed the technology to make a shared, community governed social network possible—now available to the public as open source code. We are designing developer tools and an incentive system to reward early adopters and their work, and to support migration to a healthier web economy. And we are bringing together networks of organizations that seek change—including the formation of an Institute with Georgetown University and Sciences Po focused on leveraging technology to drive the common good.
We believe having diversity of perspective, professional backgrounds, identity groups and lived experience is a strength for teams and we actively encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. Unfinished is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, disability, age, and familial, caregiver, or veteran status.