NEW YORK + LONDON | Internship
ADAY is a direct-to-consumer brand with the aim to lift the standard for clothing through great design + a better supply chain. We’re a team of optimists (currently working remotely around the globe) and we’re dedicated to making positive changes in the world around us. We’re also pretty fun (if we do say so ourselves), and we strive to make each day interesting, challenging and rewarding.
We’ve raised over $10m in venture capital and were named one of the Most Innovative Companies in the World by Fast Company. You can read more about us in places like Fast Company, Vogue, Refinery29 + Conde Nast Traveler (and many more).
· We’re committed to building each other up and being there for our teammates—we’re an ADAY family.
· We believe in flexibility and accountability. We encourage our teammates to manage their own schedules (an early bird working at 6am is just as awesome as a night owl working at 10pm—you get to choose), and to take time off whenever needed (we’ll share our favorite travel tips and adventures, too). We like to work hard and relax hard.
· We are excited about the future of ADAY and the future of each of our teammates. We are passionate about personal growth and we’re here to support each person in their journey, no matter what that looks like.
· We know that diversity is what makes us great. We’re committed to diversity in all areas, and we believe that every person on our team has an important point of view that deserves to be heard, no matter the role or seniority.
ADAY is looking for an awesome individual to work with the ADAY product team across all things product development and production. Throughout your internship, you will learn first-hand, the product development and production processes within the fashion industry. You will help to source new materials and have direct involvement in innovating the finished product. Each day will be different, but you can expect to explore new sourcing options, learn about material and garment costing, price negotiating, planning and overall, get a handle on the Production calendar and timeline. You will also engage in weekly meetings with the entire ADAY team and actively participate in group brainstorms and discussions.
We are online first and use digital media and events to tell our customers a story. Our designs use innovative materials and technical finishes that push the boundaries of functionality and creativity. Maintaining such a balance is the enduring challenge of our product team.
WE THINK YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS
The role can be directed by your own strengths, curiosities and interests. If you are interested, we’d love to help you learn about other aspects of e-commerce as well. This includes, but is not limited to brand building, community, operations and marketing. We are primarily looking for a self-starter who is excited to learn the skills and understanding necessary in building a flourishing fashion brand.
YOU SHOULD HAVE
- Strong communicaion skills
- Interest in negotiating and manufacturing
- Passion about the intersection of fashion and performance
- Creative thinker looking to push boundaries of what is possible
- Passion to learn and develop new skills
- Technical Fashion Design skills are not necessary but a plus
Who are you?
You probably have 1-3 years experience at a startup or in a fast-paced business environment.
You’re analytical; you turn data into actionable insights.
You have strong attention to detail with a (maybe obsessive) commitment to accuracy and precision.
You’re curious, solution-oriented and a creative problem solver; you’re excited by a challenge and comfortable and energized by uncharted territory.
You have excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines; you are able to pivot when things don't go as planned; you are used to working with limited resources both human and capital.
You're a self starter that is resourceful and able to act autonomously, with no fear of getting your hands dirty; you’re eager to learn and take on new projects.
You're a strong communicator; from engineers to executives, you know how to talk and how to listen in remote, in-person, and written environments.
You may be familiar with: SQL; APIs; Google Analytics; Shopify.
You’re ready to build something new and be a core member of a small (but growing) and dedicated team.
GET IN TOUCH!
If you think this is you, please apply with your CV as well as your Instagram, Twitter and any examples of relevant experience. We'd also love to see a mood board for a potential Instagram story campaign.