About Okeanos Group, LLC.
Named a finalist to Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas list in 2022, Okeanos is the place to be for innovators, creators, and passionate global citizens. Headquartered in Miami Beach, Florida with satellite offices on every continent, Okeanos is a growing group of dedicated individuals with a myriad of unique skillsets woven together by a shared passion to protect and preserve our planet.
Like our technology, our team is innovative, nimble, forward-thinking, and ambitious. Named A Great Place to Work 2021, Okeanos fosters an environment of curiosity, from the workplace to the company’s unique benefits. The world has been waiting for “someone” to solve the plastic pollution problem. Together, with your help...#WeAreTheSomeone who can make the difference.
The Controller is responsible for maintaining the Company and its subsidiaries financial records, including the recording and processing of purchases, sales, receipts, and payments. The right candidate will work closely with the accounting team and report to the CFO. The candidate will prepare financial statements in accordance with GAAP and shall be responsible for maintaining the Company’s ledgers and sub-ledgers. The candidate shall ensure accounting information is in compliance with legal and Company internal control and reporting standards The Candidate shall manage the processing of accounts payable, receivables invoicing, and tax payments.
- Manage the month-end and year-end close process
- Prepare and consolidate financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Responsible for maintaining the Company’s accounting system
- Assist with the timely preparation and submission of various reports
- Collaborate with other team members to support company goals and objectives
- Respond to inquiries from company leaders regarding special reporting
- Assist in the development and implementation of accounting procedures and controls
- Provide training/coaching to new and existing staff as needed
- Record all day-to-day financial transactions of the company
- Supervise the AR and AP clerks, and support them in daily tasks
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field, CPA preferred
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience, preferably with an international manufacturing company
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Experience handling high-volume transactions
- Experience working in a global working environment.
- Proven experience working with ERP system
- Experience working with D365 Business Central
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Multi-lingual or Spanish language proficiency is a plus
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in implementing accounting and business controls
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Excellent judgment and decision making
- Excellent critical thinking
- Advanced problem solving
Okeanos Group, LLC, its subsidiaries, joint ventures, and partners are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees