About Okeanos Group, LLC.
Named a finalist to Fast Company’s World Changing Ideas list in 2022, Okeanos is the place to be for innovators, creators, and passionate global citizens. Headquartered in Miami Beach, Florida with satellite offices on every continent, Okeanos is a growing group of dedicated individuals with a myriad of unique skillsets woven together by a shared passion to protect and preserve our planet.
Like our technology, our team is innovative, nimble, forward-thinking, and ambitious. Named A Great Place to Work 2021, Okeanos fosters an environment of curiosity, from the workplace to the company’s unique benefits. The world has been waiting for “someone” to solve the plastic pollution problem. Together, with your help...#WeAreTheSomeone who can make the difference.
The Government Affairs Coordinator provides administrative and logistical support for the State and Federal Government Affairs team and ensures the smooth functioning of the team, including maintaining processes, systems, communications, and information tailored to the unique needs of this team. In addition to the specific requirements listed below, the coordinator should possess a high work standard, the ability to learn quickly, and be adept at setting priorities and anticipating needs. Ideally, the selected candidate would start in September or October at the latest and would run through one month beyond the COP (November). The candidate will have to be in Sharm El Sheik between November 1st and November 20th.
- Balance Okeanos interests at COP27 between these entities
- Handle all necessary documentation, presentation & letter communications between all necessary stakeholders.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with all necessary parties in addition to the organization of logistics of the Senior Management involved.
- Ensure appropriate mechanisms to facilitate the preparation of events and exchange of information with relevant countries and stakeholders;
- Support for and management of Director’s missions;
- Participate in planning and preparation of event budgets and event work programs.
- Ensure accuracy and quality standards are met and maintained in event information shared externally.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from a four-year college or university in the business, environment, sustainability, project management, international business, international relations, or related field;
- Essential: Experience: 15 years of experience organizing large-scale professional events and office management;
- Essential: Experience in preparation of events like G20 Presidency, Africa Conference, High-Level Dialogue on Energy, UNFCCC (United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change), CBD, and UNCCD COPs and related preparatory meetings.
- Experience in procurement aspects (utilities, IT equipment, telecommunications, office supply);
- Experience in staff selection and management;
- Able to work between September/October and December;
- Able to travel to Sharm El Sheik between November 1st and November 20th.
- Sales or project management experience
- Experienced or willing to engage in global partnerships
- Energy, environmental, oil, gas, or chemical experience is welcome, but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts and resolve complex pre-sales technical problems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Expertise in analysis, critical decision making, project management, and process improvement
- Have a clear passion for the environment;
- Business acumen and leadership abilities: strong capacity in identifying the strengths of each team member to ensure a smooth delivery and a pleasant office environment;
- Experience presenting complex technical concepts to customers through presentations, demonstrations, and proposals;
- Ability to provide thoughtful, progressive, and strategic guidance;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills, including proficiency in developing and delivering presentations;
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems;
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Excellent capacities for maintaining calm and focused during emergency situations;
- Solid ability to plan in advance;
- Fluency in English, and Arabic is preferred.
Please, apply by September 1st, 2022.
Okeanos Group, LLC, its subsidiaries, joint ventures, and partners are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees