About Okeanos Group, LLC.
Okeanos is a sustainable technology companyd to solve a shared problem; our rapidly warming planet is overwhelmed with plastic waste, and we can’t wait for someone else to come up with the fix.
#WeAreTheSomeone. We’re raising our hands and stepping up to the plate. We believe that together with some of the world’s most innovative and passionate minds, we can offer a real scalable, immediate solution.
We value community, communication, and creativity above all. No suggestion goes unexplored; no idea is too small. Our individual ripples spark a collective wave of change, powered by collaboration and driven by results. Each member of our global family brings unrivaled experience in their field, coupled with unbridled curiosity and the desire to grow.
Like our technology, our company culture is ever-evolving and improving. We prioritize professional and personal growth, offering unique benefits in the workplace, and time off to be inspired by the world around us.
Each day brings new challenges and new opportunities. Together, with you, we can face them head on. Welcome to the new Stone Age.
The Legislative Partnerships Intern directly assists the Legislative and Government Affairs team with a range of projects related to government relations, legislation, and research activities. The Intern provides administrative and logistical support for the Government Affairs to maintain processes, systems, communications, and information tailored to the unique needs of the team. In addition to the specific requirements listed below, she or he should possess a high work standard, the ability to learn quickly, and be adept at setting priorities and anticipating needs. This internship is designed to be both educational and practical, to provide an intern the opportunity to gain valuable on-the-job training within a professional setting.
· Assist with all aspects of the Government Affairs, including administration, internal reporting, supporting small projects, and working with a team on highly visible projects.
· Coordinate, summarize, and track meetings and events with state and local policymakers.
· Draft outreach emails and messaging documents based on Okeanos’ research and data.
· Perform government-affairs related research, including summarizing legislation, tracking current events, and developing briefing information about policymakers.
· Watch hearings and webinars on behalf of the government affairs and legislative team, summarizing key points and circulating notes internally.
· Assist with developing audience lists, including quality data management.
· Assists in meeting management including, developing, and preparing materials, sending invitations, coordinating logistics, and other associated tasks for events such as conference calls, webinars, and more.
· Upholds the company values and culture.
· Participates in company-related activities and meetings and performs other duties as assigned.
· Collects and summarizes data on programs and policies administered by state agencies using library resources, personal interviews, telephone surveys, written surveys, budget documents, agency annual reports, and available databases.
· Participates as part of a team in designing to gather information on programs and analyze a public policy issues.
· Participates as part of a team in conceptualizing report issues and developing research reports.
· Possesses technical knowledge of appropriate research methodology to effectively and accurately evaluate programs administered.
· Conceptualizes issues, analyzes, and synthesizes information and consistently develops clear messages in reports.
· Assist with Okeanos Corporate Social Responsibility efforts (Only for applicants with a sustainable/ environmental background).
· Graduate or pursuing a college degree (senior minimum) in business, environment, sustainability, international relations project management, international business, or related field.
· Previous experience in related fields is welcome, but not required.
· 20/25 hours a week availability during regular business hours
· Language: English (Native or B2) and main regional language
· Excellent research Skills
· Experienced in reading legislative texts.
· Sales or project management experience
· Experienced or willing to engage in global partnerships.
· Energy, environmental, oil, gas, or chemical experience is welcome, but not required.
· Demonstrated ability to understand technical concepts and resolve complex pre-sales technical problems.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Expertise in analysis, critical decision making, project management, and process improvement.
· Have a clear passion for the environment.
· Business acumen and leadership abilities
· Experience presenting complex technical concepts to customers through presentations, demonstrations, and proposals.
· Ability to provide thoughtful, progressive, and strategic guidance.
· Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills, including proficiency in developing and delivering presentations.
· Demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems.
· Able to travel at least 25% of the time within the territory
· Excellent verbal and written communication in English and local languages.
· Time management
· Critical thinking
· Judgment and decision making
Okeanos Group, LLC. Is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.