About Okeanos Group, LLC.
We, the people of the world, are linked by one global ocean, or "Okeanos," as the Greeks say. Unfortunately, our ocean is drowning in a sea of plastic. The world has been waiting for 'someone' to introduce an immediate, viable, scalable, solution to this global plastic pollution problem. Together, with your help, #WeAreTheSomeone.
Launched in 2019, Okeanos is a cutting-edge sustainable technology company focused on developing calcium carbonate-based solutions, aimed at reducing plastic and drastically lowering the carbon footprint of single-use items today – and people are taking notice! In 2021, we were named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Technologies!
Headquartered in Miami Beach, Florida with satellite offices on every continent, Okeanos is an ever-growing global group of dedicated individuals with a myriad of unique skillsets woven together by a shared thread of passion for the preservation of our ocean. Named A Great Place to Work 2021, the Okeanos team has separated us from the pack; developing an entirely new category in an increasingly buzzing industry.
Like our technology, our team is innovative, nimble, forward-thinking, and ambitious. Okeanos fosters an environment of curiosity, from the workplace to the company’s unique benefits.
The AR Clerk is responsible for ensuring the company receives payments for goods and services and records these transactions accordingly. This includes securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts and resolving any discrepancies.
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Working with ERP Software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
- Communicate with customers.
- Plan cash flows and financing needs.
- Receivables Aging to ensure compliance.
- Assist the accounting department in general accounting tasks.
- Communicate with third parties on matters related to receivables insurance and credit verification.
General office tasks should be expected.
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: Accounting Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or related discipline
- Experience: one to two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Languages: Advanced English (Native or B2) and main regional language. Portuguese is a plus.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of Dynamics Business Central is a plus
- Proficiency in preparing financial statements
- Basic Data query/data management abilities
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Excellent judgment and decision making
- Excellent critical thinking
- Advanced problem solving
Okeanos Group, LLC, its subsidiaries, joint ventures, and partners are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees