Welcome to Zartico. We know applying for and taking on a new role at any company requires a leap of faith. Here are a few things about Zartico we think you should know:
Zartico’s Purpose: We believe tourism is a force for good because it builds connection, understanding, and appreciation of our world’s cultures, history and natural resources. We believe data and the right metrics allow us to make better decisions because transparent data helps focus on the right issues, problems and therefore, solutions, to be better stewards of our world's most precious destinations.
Zartico’s Mission: Zartico’s mission is to empower DMOs to be better stewards of the world’s tourist destinations through improved data intelligence and decision-making. Makers of the first Destination Intelligence Platform, Zartico harnesses and streamlines complex data to provide a full-spectrum of data science, benchmarking and analytical services for use in marketing, community development and sustainability efforts. Based in Salt Lake City, Utah, Zartico has over thirty years of experience in technology, tourism, and destination and travel marketing.If this resonates with you, Zartico is hiring Data Engineers.
As an engineer on the core product team you'll provide intelligence to the rest of the company that will enable making better product decisions. You'll make use of the latest advances in large scale data processing to uncover insights in data. You’ll work on building critical data warehouse tables with world-class engineers towards the mission of enabling data-driven products and insights at Zartico.
- You will develop data infrastructure that is able to ingest and transform data at scale coming from many different sources, different customers, and in many different varieties.
- You will build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources and build robust data pipelines that collect, process, and compute business metrics from activity data.
- You will create critical datasets for machine learning, growth funnels, business forecasting, and many other strategic initiatives.
Primary Technologies Required
- Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, GoogleCloud Storage)
- Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform)
Extra Credit for
- Experience with data visualizations
Experience and Mindset Needed
- 2+ Years of experience as a Data Engineer or Software Engineer
- BA/BS in a quantitative or computer science field
- Fluency in SQL and a programming language
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets
- Quick learner - we face new challenges every day
- Expert in coding -we develop real products
- Competitive Salary and Benefits (unlimited PTO)
- Stock incentive program
- Career plan and lifelong learning - We want you to grow in your role based on their curiosity, passion, and ability to learn and evolve
Zartico’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We’re building a global community—one that’s safe for people of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When you join our team, you agree to a code of conduct.
Hiring Update: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our hiring process will now be completely virtual. All interviews and onboarding activities will be held online or over the phone.