Welcome to Zartico. We know applying for and taking on a new role at any company requires a leap of faith. Here are a few things about Zartico we think you should know:
Zartico Mission and Purpose
Zartico’s Purpose: We believe tourism is a force for good because it builds connection, understanding, and appreciation of our world’s cultures, history and natural resources. We believe data and the right metrics allow us to make better decisions because transparent data helps focus on the right issues, problems and therefore, solutions, to be better stewards of our world's most precious destinations.
Zartico’s Mission: Zartico’s mission is to empower DMOs to be better stewards of the world’s tourist destinations through improved data intelligence and decision-making. Makers of the first Destination Intelligence Platform, Zartico harnesses and streamlines complex data to provide a full-spectrum of data science, benchmarking and analytical services for use in marketing, community development and sustainability efforts. Based in Salt Lake City, Utah, Zartico has over thirty years of experience in technology, tourism, and destination and travel marketing.
If this resonates with you, Zartico is hiring Data Scientists.
- Supports customer-facing analyst team with advanced SQL query and data management expertise.
- Consistently display the ability to lead a variety of advanced analytic projects in tandem with a focus on helping to tell a compelling story with data and/or help to solve big problems for the institution, provider practice(s) and/or clinical enterprise.
- Expertise in industry-leading statistical and data science practices; these enable operational improvement, strategy deployment, value improvement, and program advancement, and improved partner satisfaction and outcomes.
- Communicates findings effectively, both visually and in plain language as to make them useful to non-analytic stakeholders
- Create data visualizations that convey a full data story to the end-user
- Determine the best tool to use and best type of visual for a given set of data. Adopts new tools and techniques as needed.
- Apply design best practices in a way that is visually appealing and draws the viewer in, while avoiding data representation practices that can mislead the viewer.
Primary Technologies Required
- Proficient with standard office productivity tools, such as MS Office
- Comprehensive understanding of statistical models
- Proficient with SQL
- Proficient with analytical scripting language (Python, R, Java etc.)
Extra Credit for
- Experience with data visualizations.
Experience and Mindset Needed
- 5+ Years of experience as a Data Scientists
- BA/BS in a quantitative or computer science field
- Fluency in SQL and a programming language
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Quick learner - we face new challenges every day
- Expert in coding -we develop real products
- Competitive Salary and Benefits (unlimited PTO)
- Stock incentive program
- Career plan and lifelong learning - We want you to grow in your role based on their curiosity, passion, and ability to learn and evolve
Zartico’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We’re building a global community—one that’s safe for people of all backgrounds. We are an equal opportunity employer where our diversity and inclusion are central pillars to our company strategy. We look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural and increasingly globalized world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When you join our team, you agree to a code of conduct.
Hiring Update: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our hiring process will now be completely virtual. All interviews and onboarding activities will be held online or over the phone.