We’re hiring! Calian is growing and looking for talented individuals to join our team. Our diverse and inclusive team's capabilities are leveraged to solve complex problems using cutting-edge technologies.
We are seeking a Lead Security Engineer to join our Security team. This position will work closely with our Principal Engineers and Infrastructure Team to maintain, update, and introduce new functionality to the existing environment.
- Lead security infrastructure projects
- Responsible for Tier 2 Palo Alto firewall tasks including support, deployment, and management
- Manage EDR tool
- Manage secure e-mail gateway
- Handles escalations from Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams
- Follows standards: update and provide documentation of current and new processes which adhere to best practices
- Documents technical problems, resolutions, and processes for assigned tasks and projects
- Follows policies and procedures for change and incident management
- Relentless focus in delighting customers, treating colleagues regardless of position with utmost respect
- Provide updates to all teams and track activity in company CRM solution
- Performs other duties as required and/or assigned
- Employee must be able to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- Ability to interact confidently with Technical POC’s and Clients.
- Professional demeanor
- Organized, able to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work with outside vendors to troubleshoot issues and tackle problems
- Efficient, effective at producing required results in a short amount of time
- Ability to follow directions and work with a team
- Independent, with the ability to effectively work unsupervised, apply judgment and flexibility
- Pro-active, able to note things that need to be done without being prompted and proactively address them
- 10+ years of Security experience
- IAM experience
- Palo Alto FW management via Panorama experience
- Palo Alto Prisma Access Admin-level knowledge
- Highly collaborative in team projects (including leading projects)
- Experience working directly with Technical Engineers and Practice Managers as well as nontechnical end users
- Strong technical skill in troubleshooting
- Demonstrable skills related to implementing large IT architectures
- Scripting and/or development experience is a plus
We work hard to create an environment based on a single guiding principal of employees and customers for life. Our talented team delivers an unprecedented level of customer service, through an amazing place to work and grow careers. We will value your skills and experience. We are building a performance organization with heart and developing a pipeline of tomorrow's leaders.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to, stand, sit; talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer and telephone keyboard reach, stoop kneel to install computer equipment
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
Light to moderate lifting is required
This is a full-time position.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Calian Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Whether remote or in the office, Calian offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being and your loved ones. You will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.