We’re hiring! Calian is growing and looking for talented individuals to join our team. Our diverse and inclusive team's capabilities are leveraged to solve complex problems using cutting-edge technologies.
Whether remote or in the office, Calian offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well-being and your loved ones. You will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
We are seeking a Senior Solutions Architect, Security who will work with the solution architecture and sales teams in a customer-facing sales role. The architect will be the primary point of contact for security-related products and the general education of security architecture best practices and processes for the development and implementation of security solutions. The ideal candidate will have experience and will be able to provide architectural guidance with next-generation firewalls; AI and ML-powered antivirus and antimalware endpoint protection; EDR/MDR/XDR solutions; Email Security applications; SIEM and log management solutions; SOCaaS; DNS protection/mobility; Identity/IAM; Privileged Account Management (PAM); Multi-factor Authentication (MFA); security awareness programs; Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solutions; Network Security; Network Access Control; DDOS protection; and CASB. Candidates should be able to speak to modern security frameworks like NIST, MITRE, and architecture like Zero Trust Model. In addition, the candidate should have a broad technical knowledge of the security practices of key public cloud offerings of providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google to establish secure design patterns, architect integrations with customers’ existing security policies and capabilities, and to assist in ensuring the security and compliance of the cloud environment. All candidate-recommended solutions should comply with industry security requirements for both off-premises and hybrid deployment models to meet the data security needs of our customers.
- Partner with Solution Architecture and Sales teams to collaboratively develop architectures that meet customer requirements that conform to the high standards of security practices and regulatory compliances
- Develop security solutions and capabilities that are clearly aligned with the business, technology, and threat drivers
- Produce scopes of work, managed services proposals, product quotes, RFP responses, proof of value/proof of concept, customer-facing presentations, and other written material
- Lead customer conversations regarding the reduction of cloud security risks
- Collaborate with multiple customer teams to establish multi-cloud cybersecurity architecture focusing on proactive threat detection, security control enforcement, and incident response
- Identify, assess, and meet with security manufacturers to assess opportunities to integrate their products and services into the Calian Corp. portfolio
- Educate teammates on secure solution design practices
- Perform other duties as required and/or assigned
- Employee must be able to perform essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation
- 5+ years of formal security architecture and engineering experience
- Industry Security Certifications such as Cisco, Palo, Fortinet, Meraki, Netskope
- Experience with managed Security Service Providers such as Dell SecureWorks, Arctic Wolf, and Alert Logic
- Experience translating business needs into security architecture requirements
- Experience securing the deployment of applications and infrastructure in the public cloud
- Customer-side experience managing SIEM, log management, endpoint protection, firewall, WAFs, and IPS systems
- Solid leadership, organization, and customer responsiveness
- Demonstrated effective decision-making skills related to implementing security architectures and designs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for consulting, consensus building, and presentation with corporate leadership
- Experience and understanding of a variety of operating systems
- Strong command of threat modeling methodologies
- Working knowledge of NIST and MITRE frameworks
- Highly developed proficiency in creating architectural designs in complex environments
- Advanced knowledge of and demonstrated experience applying current and emerging technology security solutions and trends
- Understanding of security assessment methodologies
- Drive to increase knowledge about technology and cybersecurity
- Security-related certifications (CISM, CISSP, GIAC) and experience with architecture methodologies (TOGAF, SABSA) are a plus
Calian is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.