is looking for a senior full stack software engineer with the ability to create
maintainable and well-engineered software to join our mission-driven startup!
You will be involved in all parts of our architecture: Rails JSON API, Rails
GraphQL endpoint, and React front-end, and will mentor other engineers as a
technical lead. We are a product-minded engineering team that stresses
ownership and accountability — you will have the autonomy to make decisions and
see them through.
ZeeMee Company Overview
For students, ZeeMee is THE app for their college journey. Students in over 150 countries use ZeeMee to share their stories and find best-fit schools. The app's focus on video and chat appeals to this generation of tech-savvy, mobile-first college applicants.
For colleges, ZeeMee is about meeting students where they are, and connecting on their terms. Over 200 colleges partner with ZeeMee, and as you'll see in this video, the platform is quickly becoming a one-stop shop for enrollment.
ZeeMee's mission is to bring students' stories to life and connect them with life-changing opportunities. ZeeMee is the professional identity for the next generation by being the first & only Professional Social Media to be exclusively requested by over 200 colleges/universities in their application. The free platform focuses on helping students transition from high school to college by empowering them to share their unique story through video in the application process and connect them through exclusive communities prior to and during their college experience. Additionally, ZeeMee offers the opportunity for students to engage with peers once they decide on a school, find roommates, meet others in the programs and use a school-specific chat function. Our vision is to provide all students utility services on our platform throughout their college career and beyond. For additional information visit: www.zeemee.com and All ZeeMee News.
ZeeMee was recently on CNBC for being one of 25 promising start-up ideas the world may soon view as essential. Here are the details about CNBC's ZeeMee article. Also, here is information on how we got chosen to the CNBC Upstart top 25 list - less then 5% acceptance rate :) and the only education company on this list!
At ZeeMee, we like to think of ourselves as a small company with a big vision: helping students share their stories and connecting them with life-changing opportunities. We envision a world of greater equity and access for all students. That starts with recognizing the value of each and every student’s story and working tirelessly to provide a platform for students to showcase their passions, accomplishments, and unique backgrounds. Although we work with college admissions offices across the country, in everything we do we err on the side of the student. We give students a much-needed sense of ownership in a process that has largely been dictated by grades, scores, and rankings. What’s more, ZeeMee is free for students and always will be! Students across the world are using ZeeMee to bring their stories to life. ZeeMee is in thousands of high schools and 150+ countries. We have partnered with hundreds of universities and more are signing on every day. Why? Because of ZeeMee’s commitment to and passion for students. But it will not stop there, and that is why we need your help. We will not stop until the whole world is blanketed in orange!
· 5+ years of relevant technical experience and a track record of delivery (preferably previous startup experience)
· A customer-first mindset, driving towards creating world-class web and mobile experiences for our community
· Ability to mentor, and be mentored by, fellow engineers
· Pride in writing clean, quality code, but can balance this with business practicality, and a sense of ownership over what you produce
· Possession of a point of view without being afraid of challenging assumptions
· Entrepreneurial attitude and spirit
· React front-end (and Relay)
· Rails JSON API, Rails GraphQL endpoint, Rails Backend
· Take ownership of entire features and/or products and work within the engineering team to build them across the entire technology stack
· Mentor junior engineers and work closely with the VP of Engineering to define scope, schedule and delivery of new features/products
· Assist with quality assurance in issue identification, isolation, and remediation issues, such as site outages or other problems in production code
· Improve and maintain cleanliness in current codebase, architecture, and processes
· Report directly to the VP of Engineering
We are mission-driven. We care about our users and our work. We care about all students finding their voice, telling their story, and, ultimately, discovering the right college fit. Your work will further ZeeMee’s vision of bringing students’ stories to life and connecting them with life-changing opportunities.
We are collaborative. Everyone has a responsibility to each other and a voice in product/engineering/sales/support/etc. Great ideas are always welcome and we all believe that we succeed as a team.
We are industry leaders. Reinventing the college application process is no easy task, but we are up the challenge. See what others are saying about us: