The District Sales Specialist (DSS) is a
developmental role to prepare candidates to become a District Sales Manager
(DSM). Primarily responsible for providing sales support to new and existing
customers to achieve sales objectives. DSSs will be held accountable to
delivering exceptional service with goals aligned to drive market development
and strategic product execution, taking direction/ territory planning and focus
on priorities from the Area Sales Director (ASD) in conjunction with strong daily/weekly
coordination with the DSM for the respective District.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic and represent the Company with high integrity, ethics, honesty, loyalty, and professionalism at all times.
- Partner and maintain consistent communication with the DSM and ASD to identify, evaluate, develop, and implement sales strategies and action plans to achieve specific revenue and growth objectives for assigned accounts.
- Working closing with the DSM, achieve sales and utilization quota results in assigned accounts, including performing effective territory penetration, coverage, and account identification to drive sales and increase the customer base for the Company’s product and deliverables.
- Learn and hone consultative needs-based selling skills/approach and challenger sales model through coaching/mentoring support from DSM and ASD.
- Work closely with DSM and Field Integration Specialists (FIS) to implement practice integration efforts to establish and maintain consistently treating accounts.
- Regularly communicate clinical data and reinforce product/procedural efficacy, durability and safety to reinforce account success with the product.
- Cover cases and coordinate with clinical training and sales team, the logistics, timing, duration, strategy and execution of customer training and procedure support.
- Support the development of regional physician proctors to help with formal and informal training activities.
- Provide key insights to market activities and opportunities through active participation in cross functional calls and team meetings.
- Support and help facilitate the execution of regional training workshops and tradeshows within the Area.
- Maintain consistent communication with DSM and ASD on all matters related to assigned accounts and region, including accurate forecasting.
- Work within set budgets, timelines, and processes.
- Develop and maintain supportive, productive and effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Complete administrative responsibilities including quarterly business plans, weekly expense reports, up-to-date territory account profiles and customer database. Manage day-to-day sales administration activities in a detailed and timely manner.
- Acquire and maintain acceptable knowledge and capabilities of the Company’s products, industry trends, and competitive products; apply this knowledge to adequately conduct in-service education.
- Maintain and increase professional and technical knowledge by on-the-job training, attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies. Provide support for industry-related trade shows/meetings.
- Support compliance with the company quality standards, FDA regulations and guidance, applicable EU Medical Device directives, applicable ISO standards, and other pertinent country specific medical regulatory requirements.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working in a team environment, particularly with a sales organization.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, communication, listening, organizational and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively build and sustain strong customer relationships.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
to relocate for available District Sales Manager positions.
- 1-2 years relevant business experience, preferably in direct sales to physicians and/or other health care providers, market development or clinical specialist roles.
- Direct customer experience with the anesthesiology, pain management, spinal surgery or related specialties audience.
- Experience with consumables selling.
- Experience in conceptual selling and creating markets for innovative market defining products.
- Basic knowledge of anatomy, medical and surgical terminology.
- Experience managing a Territory through the effective utilization of a CRM system, preferably experience directly with SalesForce.