Accountable for leading the overall management and achievement of sales strategies, activities, and budgets associated with an assigned geographical area through effective management of employees and resources.
- Maintain the highest level of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times; foster and hold team accountable to the same standards.
- Build, manage and drive a high performing sales team that successfully executes organizational objectives and maximizes sales revenues.
- Cultivate sales professionals to engage in consultative selling with a challenger sales approach; hold team accountable to the sales process.
- Optimize practice integration efforts to establish and maintain consistently treating, high yield accounts.
- Focus on customer/patient satisfaction through effective coaching and feedback strategies, capability development and motivation.
- Cultivate a positive work environment and culture of success in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated and accountable to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
- Create and implement change management strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage.
- Manage the Area budget, ensuring the allocation of resources, travel and expenses is optimized.
- Provide input to sales strategies, budgeting, sales compensation and incentives; clearly communicate the plans to team; report on progress regularly; participate in ongoing analysis of financial and other key performance indicators; develop action plans to address underperformance; effectively manage performance problems and terminations.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with key customers and medical opinion leaders to leverage potential KOL opportunities.
- Partner with Marketing as a commercial team; develop and drive effective collaboration and alignment on goals/execution.
- Support and help facilitate the execution of local/regional/national training workshops and tradeshows.
- Manage, demonstrate, and actively support company values, initiatives, goals/objectives, trainings and activities.
- Develop and maintain supportive, productive and effective relationships at all levels within the organization.
- Support compliance with the company quality standards, FDA regulations and guidance, applicable EU Medical Device directives, applicable ISO standards, and other pertinent country specific medical regulatory requirements.
- Continuously learn and demonstrate product, procedural, and clinical expertise; actively and successfully coach the sales team and customers up the learning curve to technical competence and physician clinical experience satisfaction.
- Maintain and increase professional and technical knowledge by on-the-job training, attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least ten years outside sales experience or equivalency with at least seven years of this experience in the medical/medical device industry and four years in sales management or at least one year as a Vertos District Sales Manager including at least six months as a mildMENTOR. Medical sales experience may include any combination of direct sales, market development, and/or clinical specialist roles.
- Experience in conceptual selling and creating markets for innovative market defining products.
- Clinical use selling in an operating room environment.
- Strong understanding of and experience with strategic planning and execution, including working with Sales and Marketing Departments to develop and execute sales / marketing strategies.
- Possess and demonstrate an understanding of the changing market dynamics in healthcare, industry trends, customer segmentation, customer data knowledge and buying process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic knowledge of anatomy, medical and surgical terminology.
- Experience with CRM systems.
- Master’s in Business Administration.
- Experience in the pain management, spinal surgery, or related specialties.
- Clinical knowledge of lumbar spine anatomy, physiology, and imaging techniques.
- Experience with product/procedure that requires motivation, access and implementation of patient flow across multiple constituents in the practice (MD, PA, nurse, scheduler, etc.),
- Cadaveric lab training experience.
- Experience with Salesforce.com.